Class 1 Training Hours toward CPC?

I’m looking to fill another 28hrs of CPC training during a week off from my agency,
my main option is to do an ADR course - but through my agency that would seem to only be good for the more seasonal gas bottle work on a class 2.

So I was wondering if anybody knows of a trainer that combines C+E training with some hours toward CPC as well (maybe 21hrs or something) as I’d rather use the money toward that as i’ll get more work from a Class 1 licence in the long run.

This - interested in finding out your answer to this because I’m about to start my Class 1 training and was wondering if it would count towards my CPC.

Sam Millar:
This - interested in finding out your answer to this because I’m about to start my Class 1 training and was wondering if it would count towards my CPC.

im sure i read sumwhere ritchies in glasgow did c+e traning with 28 hours towards cpc

smallsie:

Sam Millar:

im sure i read sumwhere ritchies in glasgow did c+e traning with 28 hours towards cpc

My training will be with Jim Mair but I guess the best people to find out from would be them themselves. :slight_smile:

Sam Millar:

smallsie:

Sam Millar:

My training will be with Jim Mair but I guess the best people to find out from would be them themselves. :slight_smile:

had quick look there it says CAN count towards 28hours so not sure how it would work tbh

as you said best to ask them direct

Not sure how you would get 20 + hours unless its 2 on 1 and they count the hours as a passenger also

Is it true then that driver training counts as hours on cpc?

well when i did my class 2 and 1 and all the office based stuff i was given an initial driver cpc is this the same thing?

I guess it all depends on the grandfather rights.

Some do some dont as costs the training conpany a lot of money to get course acredited just ask the company when u call and yes to get 28 hrs has to be 2-1 training so Ur out for the full day if 1-1 Ur only out for a few hours so can’t give u 7hrs for the day ! Hope this helps

Jen x

smallsie:

Sam Millar:

smallsie:

Sam Millar:

had quick look there it says CAN count towards 28hours so not sure how it would work tbh

as you said best to ask them direct

If your trainer is accredited then there should be no real problems of having the 28 hours count towards your CPC as it would come under Driver Improvement. This is how I have got the final few hours for my CPC as I’ve gone from class C to C+E. Had my final hours uploaded last Thursday and my CPC card arrived yesterday :grimacing: :grimacing: Happy Days. You will have some monies to pay for upload fees etc but it does not break the bank.

Hope this helps.

Periodic DCPC can count for C or CE training under certain conditions

The training provider must have a 7 hour driver training course approved for DCPC
That 7 hour course can be a single day or done over two days of 3.5 hours - supposed to be within 24 hours but that rule is usually relaxed if done over two consecutive days

The driver must already have a LGV C1 or C on their licence and have either DCPC aquired/grandfather rights or have passed initial DCPC module 4

Test hours will not count so on a 5 day course of 2 to 1 then 28 hours DCPC is possible or 14 hours DCPC for 4 half days of 1 to 1
On a 2 to 1 the trainee not driving is deemed to still be learning

I hope that helps

ROG:
Periodic DCPC can count for C or CE training under certain conditions

The training provider must have a 7 hour driver training course approved for DCPC
That 7 hour course can be a single day or done over two days of 3.5 hours - supposed to be within 24 hours but that rule is usually relaxed if done over two consecutive days

The driver must already have a LGV C1 or C on their licence and have either DCPC aquired/grandfather rights or have passed initial DCPC module 4

Test hours will not count so on a 5 day course of 2 to 1 then 28 hours DCPC is possible or 14 hours DCPC for 4 half days of 1 to 1
On a 2 to 1 the trainee not driving is deemed to still be learning

I hope that helps

If you passed your car test after 97 you cannot do periodic cpc without passing your driving test first (mod 3) so the only ones who qualify are those who have a c1, c or passed a pcv test.

burnie1:
If you passed your car test after 97 you cannot do periodic cpc without passing your driving test first (mod 3) so the only ones who qualify are those who have a c1, c or passed a pcv test.

I think I said that -

Thats good news, I already have my DCPC as i was one of the first having passed in Nov 2009 and if I can achieve 28hrs toward my next CPC validation by going from C to C+E I think that will be money well spent.

Now to find an accredited trainer… any suggestions? The people I did my C with said they didnt have the relevant approval, ‘if’ it was possible.

mk1chris:
Now to find an accredited trainer… any suggestions? The people I did my C with said they didnt have the relevant approval, ‘if’ it was possible.

wallaceschool.co.uk/35-hours-driver-cpc/
Thats one there must be more

This is an interesting point - for quite a few of us I guess. It will be interesting to hear the views of trainers as to whether their driving courses can count towards a CPC.