Class 1 training booked with Ritchies of Glasgow

Hey guys n gals, Sent my licence away the day after I passed class 2 on 28th July and it arrived today. Yes 6 weeks it took! Anyway booked with Ritchies starting Monday 28th September. Really looking forward to it, actually that’s an understatement! I know they’ve got a good reputation but anybody that’s been with them and can give me any pointers or examples of their experiences would be appreciated. Never got any hours towards my CPC but getting 28 whilst training and a day in the classroom to complete it. One question, once I’ve completed the 35 hours CPC do I need to wait till the card comes before I can work or is there a certificate that you can show while waiting for the card to arrive? Cheers, Stevie.

Firstly, you’ve picked a first class provider. Richies is one of the handful of DVSA LGV Accredited Training Centres in the UK. You can see the list here: dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

I’ve met Walter Richie a few times and he’s a proper, old fashioned gent. You will be fine.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, you’ve picked a first class provider. Richies is one of the handful of DVSA LGV Accredited Training Centres in the UK. You can see the list here: dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

I’ve met Walter Richie a few times and he’s a proper, old fashioned gent. You will be fine.

Cheers Pete

hi stevie, im there now for class 2. good bunch of guys with a good sense of humour and a training style that seems to be working well for me and my fellow trainee. think all the class 1s are volvo autoboxes. we’ve had some good banter in the truck this week to say the least!

Stevie_mc_:
Hey guys n gals, Sent my licence away the day after I passed class 2 on 28th July and it arrived today. Yes 6 weeks it took! Anyway booked with Ritchies starting Monday 28th September. Really looking forward to it, actually that’s an understatement! I know they’ve got a good reputation but anybody that’s been with them and can give me any pointers or examples of their experiences would be appreciated. Never got any hours towards my CPC but getting 28 whilst training and a day in the classroom to complete it. One question, once I’ve completed the 35 hours CPC do I need to wait till the card comes before I can work or is there a certificate that you can show while waiting for the card to arrive? Cheers, Stevie.

Done my class 2 with Ritchies. Had a shaky start to the week with nerves but instructor was fantastic and made me feel at ease and got me through first time so I was 100% happy with my experience there. Best of luck mate.

Brilliant bunch of guys.

Do what they tell you and youll sail through it.

One of the benefits of using a DVSA Accredited LGV Training Centre is that the trainers HAVE to be on the instructor register. The whole set up will be audited each year by DVSA to ensure that standards and facilities are up to scratch.

The hard fact is that anyone who has held a licence for 3 years can buy a truck, stick L plates on it and call themselves a driving school. Perfectly legal.

But I know where I’d spend my hard-earned!

Passed!! Two minors… Well chuffed. Pat was my trainer, he was hard on us but knows what he’s doing. As another trainer said “he’s harsh but unfair” haha. Thanks to everyone who gave advice on here it’s much appreciated. Time to get single fished!
Cheers Stevie.

Congratulations on the pass!

Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Scania’s driver training?

Cheers

TWS