Class 1 removals

Has any body been involved in the removals game before . I’ve got an interview with britannia fleet . Running out to Germany , as well as other places , just wonder if anybody knows what sort of wage I should expect to get from them ? Thanks if anybody can give me any info

Don’t know if class one work just means trunking removal containers between depots?
If it’s ■■■■■■■ peoples furniture into an artic I wouldn’t do it for all the tea in China. It’s back breaking work,
often with little thanks from ■■■■■■■ customers. You’ll need several t-shirts per day, unless you like sitting in
sweat soaked clothing while driving.

There is a great thread in the old timers forum called Blood sweat and broken china, it’s well worth a read
although there’s more talk of tips, gifts and laughs than the back ache and sweat involved.

I did a day for Brittania fleet last week on agency, I turned up at the address and 3 lads arrived in a van and loaded the container with furniture. I just sat in the cab for 5 hours (as instructed by them) happy days

isaac hunt:
It’s back breaking work,
often with little thanks from [zb] customers. You’ll need several t-shirts per day, unless you like sitting in
sweat soaked clothing while driving.

+1

Removals is a job that will either kill you, or get you in top shape as a potential Ironman contender!!
(I did it for a while, hardest physical work I’ve ever done!)

paul.fitz.589:
Has any body been involved in the removals game before . I’ve got an interview with britannia fleet . Running out to Germany , as well as other places , just wonder if anybody knows what sort of wage I should expect to get from them ? Thanks if anybody can give me any info

. Hi Paul. I sub for masons nr fleets. Fleets are a good firm to work for if you don’t mind moving the MOD. They are always in Germany. Not sure about the wages. I think they are on a salary! So expect to put the hours in! I think they only have waggon and drags now. Good luck with the interview.!

Cheers guys . Just lookin to see what else is out there . Seems to be lots to choose from lately , and money seems to be creeping up , which is good .

I did it for one day and and others have said, it’s bloody hard work!!

The weird part was emptying people’s drawers and wardrobes of all their clothes :open_mouth: . If you’re at all, err, strange :blush: , ahem, handling another woman’s trolleys might, err, " do it" for you :grimacing:

Time to go, I feel an erection on its’ way :confused: :blush: :grimacing:

threewheelsonmywagon:
I did it for one day and and others have said, it’s bloody hard work!!

The weird part was emptying people’s drawers and wardrobes of all their clothes :open_mouth: . If you’re at all, err, strange :blush: , ahem, handling another woman’s trolleys might, err, " do it" for you :grimacing:

Time to go, I feel an erection on its’ way :confused: :blush: :grimacing:

hahaha ! :laughing: i like it 3wheels, class that mate

Firstly, good luck with the interview.

Secondly, removals is the sort of job you either love or hate. Its bloody hard work for relatively low wages in comparison to some sectors. You will be expected to pack/load and unload and for the first month you will ache like mad but it does get easier!! As already said, there are some perks to the job, the tips are good, one of my guys made £1600 in one year and the euro work is certainly picking up again after the recession slowed it down.

When I was on White & Co, Germany was our mainstay but we ventured pretty much anywhere and I imagine the same can be said for Brittania. Unit moves (if they still exist) were the best as you could load an artic in a morning and then travel and deliver it to wherever. I did one from Munich to St Annes in Cornwall which lasted 13 weeks!

If your reasonably fit and up for a challenge I would say give it a chance, though don’t expect to be just driving :smiley:

I thought I would try it for a week! Still doin it. 38 years this year!