Class 1 or not?

I have now passed my Class 2 and from today that’s all 4 modules for the CPC completed so I’m sending off for my license tomorrow.

I’m thinking of looking for working a while within Class 2 before moving towards my next goal of class 1.

Is this advisable or as I have a goal of class 1 should I just book a course and go for it straight away. My only reason for thinking I could do class 2 for a while is to gain experience on the roads as a HGV driver.

As always your advise is appreciated.

I would just get cracking with your class 1 while you’re in the learning zone.

Nothing to stop you working up the ladder on rigids even if you have a class 1.

Folk who go for class one straight away put themselves in a better position when it comes to getting work. Also easier whilst you’re in “learning mode” and haven’t picked up bad habits which take time to correct.

Prices don’t often go down either.

Pete :laughing:

Go big or go home :slight_smile:

I am in agreement with the previous posts, did my rigid in October and artic last week. It is easier if you do them close together because the bad habits dont have a chance to creep in!

Go straight for class 1!

Thanks all.

I guess there is nothing to think about there then.

Ill get booking it straight away.

This time not through an internet web search that I went with before and threw hundreds away in the process.

Never use any middle company even if they have an amazing web site and sales team… Lesson learned I guess.