Class 1 job start monday

hi folks i aint posted on this side of the site yet as i only passed class 1 a month ago. any way cut a long storry short i have jacked in my job which i have been doing for the last 11 yrs and start night trunking on monday.
i am looking real forward to it it involves 2 trailer drops one in bristol then upto
northampton and back to s. wales. easy peasy i rekon and good way to gain experience.start at 6 and should be back home in bed by 3.30 a warm bed!!!
will post a report on tueday to let you all know how it went fingers crossed guys.
all the best vigfan…

Good luck with the new job. :smiley:

Good luck with the new job vigfanbke and I look
forward to reading your first class 1 run :smiley:

Good luck :smiley:

Good luck Vig. Let us know :wink:.

good luck vig and if you can do south wales to bristol and back to south wales then another tralier up to northampton and then back to south wales in 9 hrs with your breaks then good luck to you. :question:

good luck with the new job

Good luck on the new job, I would read the job as collecting a trailer in South Wales, drop it iin Bristol, pick up trailer in Bristol and drop it in Northampton, then return a trailer to South Wales, sounds like a steady number :stuck_out_tongue:

you read correct wheelnut.
i did the run last tuesday to see if the job was for me i was not paid for it as it was my idea. left newport at 19.10 got to drop in wiltshire at 20.40.changed trailers and left at 21.10, arrived at northampton at 23.35. changed trailers had a 45 min break. left at 01.10 got back to newport at 3.30ish.
no wrong turns and no holdups so hopefully they should all be this time
as it will be my run for 5 nites a week .
all the best vigfan

Hey Vigfanbke - enjoy! just you the cab and the empty road. :smiley:

Did a lot of trunking last year between Crawley and Nuneaton for Hays DX (class2) Really enjoyed it :smiley: :smiley: Getting used to the hours took some ‘training’ though… Had to stop stop every half hour on the first week between the hours of 1am - 4am. Kept dozing off…

Cruise control, Radio, flask and blanket!.. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well done Vigfanbke - sounds like a good run to have. Are you from Newport ? I’m a Gaer boy myself, though living in Herefordshire these many years.

vigfanbke:
hi folks i aint posted on this side of the site yet as i only passed class 1 a month ago. any way cut a long storry short i have jacked in my job which i have been doing for the last 11 yrs and start night trunking on monday.
i am looking real forward to it it involves 2 trailer drops one in bristol then upto
northampton and back to s. wales. easy peasy i rekon and good way to gain experience.start at 6 and should be back home in bed by 3.30 a warm bed!!!
will post a report on tueday to let you all know how it went fingers crossed guys.
all the best vigfan…

I thought I had a good trunking number :open_mouth:

You jammy ZB you :laughing: Wish I’d seen it first :laughing: Was going to say look out for me, but you’ll be in bed before I leave the hub :frowning:

Good luck vigfanbke. Just keep awake - that’s all there is to it :slight_smile:

Well done, and welcome to the graveyard shift :imp: :imp:
I passed a truck off the road on the M50 this morning - only just happened. Hope the driver was OK. The worst thing was it was an “Eze-bed” (or something very similar) lorry :confused:

All the very best m8,hope it work’s out as planned.Look forward to ur post. :wink:

Good luck Vig don’t let anyone interupt you when swapping trls, they make a noise when you drop them :blush:

May i see you as i go Monday Evening as well with a Nighttrunck to Leicestershire