Wage£392.70 per week + Night out allowance
Hours55 hours per week across 6 days
LocationCoatbridge, Lanarkshire ML5
DurationPermanent
Date posted08 February 2012
Closing date15 February 2012
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Driving experience is desirable. Full LGV Class 1 driving licence is essential. Duties include collecting and delivering freight around the UK. The shifts involved are tramping. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the steven.niven@currie-european.com to apply.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01387 272125 and asking for Steven Niven.
Employer
Currie European Transport

might help someone on to the ladder no strict experiance required!! :wink:

Saw it this morning when I was browsing. How come you’re not applying?

I only got class 2 sam :wink:

dodester:
I only got class 2 sam :wink:

Hi dodester,

I’ve copied your post into the Driver Vacancies Forum, because not everybody looks in here. :smiley:

Thanks for the info.

I know it’s a job and all the best to anyone who goes for it. It will be experience - albeit “at the deep end”.

But please note that the rate is £7.14 per hour.

Minimum wage £6.08 per hour.

Have a great day. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just done another quick calculation.

It’s not unusual to earn £10 per hour on Class 1 (I know there’s plenty of exceptions!).

So the job at Curries should be:

40hrs @ £10 £400
15hrs @ £15 £225
Total £625

• nights out.

I emphasise “should be” because it seems that employers are having a field day exploiting new drivers. I fully understand why a new driver would go for this - - but please look on it as a “stop gap”. Yes you’ll get a shiny new lorry to drive - - but enjoy it cos you’re paying for it! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

true, but it all goes on the CV though Peter. ‘Stop gap’ is a very apt phrase though :slight_smile: