Class 1 instructor advice, Lincolnshire area

Hi all, I’m now in a position to do my class 1 test and was wondering who you’d recommend as a teacher. My class 2 teacher does class 1 but for reasons I’d rather not go in to I don’t really want to do my class 1 with them. I’d rather not learn in wagon and drag either. Nearest test centers are Nottingham and Grimsby, any advice very welcome, thanks all.

Hi

We can offer you full size auto artic with test from our private test centre at Mansfield. 1:1 tuition with 100% DSA LGV registered and qualified instructors.

pm me for a Christmas Discount Voucher (worth a subtle £400) and the whole thing will cost you £950 incl VAT and test fee.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

mattf789:
Hi all, I’m now in a position to do my class 1 test and was wondering who you’d recommend as a teacher. My class 2 teacher does class 1 but for reasons I’d rather not go in to I don’t really want to do my class 1 with them. I’d rather not learn in wagon and drag either. Nearest test centers are Nottingham and Grimsby, any advice very welcome, thanks all.

My advice is to have a assessment drive at a couple of trainers.

I’m reluctant to give a exact price without seeing the candidates ability.

Paul :smiley:

My advice is to have a assessment drive at a couple of trainers.

Quite right

I’m reluctant to give a exact price without seeing the candidates ability.

Having read the OP I’m happy that there’s nothing “strange” about this. Reading between the lines, CAT C was passed not so long ago and there’s no mention of having been a yard shunter with loads of experience. So, all things being equal, this candidate will be fine on our normal course at the price quoted.

But, as above, he/she is perfectly welcome to come for a free assessment drive to confirm this.

It’s well documented that many folks book with us without assessments. Maybe this is because the main use for an assessment is for the candidate to satisfy themselves that they’re dealing with a bona fide trainer. And I don’t honestly think I would dare put a foot wrong with being reasonably well known on this forum and in the industry as a whole. There will be those who want to put their minds at rest that they will be able to succeed and these folks are always very welcome to book a free assessment.

I think the important thing is to ask the right questions;

What are you looking for Matt, is cost the most important factor, or maybe a friendly instructor or even do you want to drive the biggest training truck you can find? Do you want manual or auto? The list goes on…

Without a bit of a chat, how we can we know what is best for you, do what Paul says (see you at Thorp Arch Cafe tomorrow?) try on a few instructors for size, go with who you trust the most to provide what you want, I doubt you will choose me or Paul as we are too far away, but good luck.

Laurie makes some perfectly valid points. Folks have assessments for a number of reasons: assurance that the course is for them, happy with the trainer, vehicle, whole set up. Sometimes it’s possible to reduce training time due to prior learning/experience. The offer I made above means that anyone would have to do a miniscule amount of time to save beyond that.

So why not just have the whole course, improve the chances of a pass, and enjoy the huge discount?