Class 1 - Finally Passed!

Due to reading very good reports on PSTT I booked training last September but due to various Lockdowns and timings I wasn’t able to start training until the start of June.

As I had traveled from Scotland (over 70 miles - I was put up at a Hotel for the week) which was good and ideally situated. The training I had was very good but although I felt very comfortable in driving the Truck forwards, I was absolutely hopeless at reversing and no matter how much my Instructor (Cliff) tried to get through to me - it wasn’t getting through to me. Unsurprisingly, I failed on the reversing!

I manged to get a Resit within 2 weeks but again not feeling confident, I failed again on the reversing.

I had another resit, again within 2 weeks and managed to do the reversing straight in but unfortunately I couldn’t couple the Trailer.

I was always confident of doing well if I could get out on the road but it was getting out on the road!!!

Strangely, although I had failed 3 times, I wasn’t disheartened and with further advice / instruction after I failed on each occasion I was confident I would pass at some point.

This week I had my forth attempt and after intense training prior to the test, I was pretty confident I would get out on the road.

Doing the reversing I overcooked it at the B cone and with me not taking any chances on trying to rectify, I took the shunt and went straight back. I then completed the Uncoupling/Coupling and finally I was getting to drive out on the road.

On the drive I felt very comfortable (although obviously a wee bit nervous) and finally managed to Pass with 2 Minors.

I purchased the Pass Protection, which I am so glad I did, as it saved me a bit of money! Even if you are unfortunate to fail, you can get a rapid resit which is one of the reasons I choose PSTT as well at the good reports!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to anybody of thinking of using PSTT for their training, their facilities are superb and helpfulness is second to none, going above and beyond to get you to pass.

Well done fella! I couldn’t agree more on everybody as PSTT are brilliant and well worth the drive down from where ever you are in the country, (Aberdeen for me!)

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Well done on passing, we’re all really pleased for you.
Also thanks for the kind words. Good luck with everything and if you ever need any help and advice, we’re only a phone call away :smiley: