Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

Just at a delivery and in a 7.5t. My normal trusty steed is an artic. Two artic drivers waiting also and giving it big beans.

Just chuckling to myself

It’s true,I sometimes have to go out in a rigid and when I was out in Wales I went a drop and an artic driver was waiting to get in the yard which I s bit awkward in a artic,as i was getting ready to go he said to me “it’s alright for you in that little thing,you wanna try in a artic” I just said yeah ok mate,couldn’t be arsed to tell him I have driven artics since 2006.
Also a lot of artic drivers tend not to flash rigids in on motorways ect.

midlifetrucker:
Just at a delivery and in a 7.5t. My normal trusty steed is an artic. Two artic drivers waiting also and giving it big beans

What does this even mean :confused:

midlifetrucker:
Just chuckling to myself

Whilst sat cross legged on the floor playing with ants and a sharp stick no doubt …

Who are they giving beans to, you or each other? Sound a couple of hotpots to me.

R143-500:

midlifetrucker:
Just at a delivery and in a 7.5t. My normal trusty steed is an artic. Two artic drivers waiting also and giving it big beans

What does this even mean :confused:

midlifetrucker:
Just chuckling to myself

Whilst sat cross legged on the floor playing with ants and a sharp stick no doubt …

No, matron won’t let me have anything sharp.

You only have to come on here to see how lorry drivers like to make out it’s the toughest job in the world and no one is more important. I’ve experienced this too when on agency. Some artic drivers seem to think they are sat at the top of some tree, better than all others

Never climb that ladder to high one step to many and your over the top …and then you got to start again …

I think the superiority thing applies to most things in life. I know I am superior and therefore don’t have to advertise it and show other inferior beings up.

Don’t worry midlife its just the usual BCSD syndrome didn’t realise its transferred to trucks drivers as well :open_mouth: …must rename it…BRSD :grimacing:

Know your place!

When on a frame drawbars years ago there was a artic driver who use to say we were driving skateboards !!! :open_mouth: , I once offered him to reverse my wagon on to a bay and I would do his ! ,he didnt reply and ■■■■■■ off quick :laughing: .

When I do a little bit of agency work in an arctic I look down my nose at everybody in their little vans.

Sometimes I get asked to drive a rigid and then I look up to those skilled arctic drivers but I do then look down my nose at 7.5t camionette drivers.

When I drive my own 7.5 ton horse box I look up at rigid and even further up in awe at the artics.

but I always look down on Ocado van delivery drivers.

Unless i’m on my bike.

Well I drive artics to compensate for my small todger…

Well I had my arctic ticket for 3 years now but never done a days work in one. Not that I don’t want to or anything but I started doing agency work in a puddle jumper then moved up to a class 2, driving an 18 tonne skip lorry and now I’m driving an 8 - legger with the opportunity to move up to arctic work eventually.
my point being I have found it great, easing into it all so when I jump into an arctic, I’ll have a few years class 2 behind me so I will have kind of a head start so to speak. A few of the old boys once said to me that young guns like myself jump straight into an arctic with no idea what they are doing and end up killing themselves or someone else.
I do agree because I have learned a lot over the last year and a half that I couldn’t have learned in a car and I still have a lot to learn now!
Not saying I am incompetent or anything, I’m just saying that every day is a learning curve and you never know what can happen and you will always ■■■■ things up before you know what you are doing as I found out yesterday after a head on with a car.
I do look up to arctic drivers because you gotta have eyes coming out of your arse in this game but I will never look down on rigid drivers, white van man perhaps because the majority drive like ■■■■■ but not actual lorry drivers. It’s a big responsibility to drive a big chunk of metal all day every day and if we ■■■■ it up then there can be massive repercussions as the poor lad driving the 8 legger in Bath a few weeks ago found out the hard way.

(I may have gone a little off topic)

Dipper_Dave:

BRSD

if dirving class 1 is the same as driving the dinky toys class 2 then we wouldn’t need to have 2 separate licenses, we have class 1 and class 2 for a reason

class 1 is so very different than a class 2 dinky toy, you can take a class 2 anywhere down any road and if its a dead end you can shunt about to turn around for example, were as if an artic had made that mistake there stuck and need a crane to get them to turn around hence you need to have some decent brains to make sure you dont end up in that sort of postion. let alone reversing in tight spots, you need to have a good knowledge that only comes with experience of course but still its a huge pain in the backside for most class 1 drivers who lack that experience hence many stay at class 2 as its an easy job

i dont flash class 2 drivers over on the motorway very often as it see it that they have to learn there size and not rely on being flashed and its amazing just how long they actualy think they are as they are to scared to pull back in and go on for miles before they think there clear, the only time flash them back in is if there is an artic behind them and there holding them up as they can not make up there mind can they come in or not

so its for the other artic driver that i would help out in that situation, as we do look out for each other.

desypete:
if dirving class 1 is the same as driving the dinky toys class 2 then we wouldn’t need to have 2 separate licenses, we have class 1 and class 2 for a reason

class 1 is so very different than a class 2 dinky toy, you can take a class 2 anywhere down any road and if its a dead end you can shunt about to turn around for example, were as if an artic had made that mistake there stuck and need a crane to get them to turn around hence you need to have some decent brains to make sure you dont end up in that sort of postion. let alone reversing in tight spots, you need to have a good knowledge that only comes with experience of course but still its a huge pain in the backside for most class 1 drivers who lack that experience hence many stay at class 2 as its an easy job

i dont flash class 2 drivers over on the motorway very often as it see it that they have to learn there size and not rely on being flashed and its amazing just how long they actualy think they are as they are to scared to pull back in and go on for miles before they think there clear, the only time flash them back in is if there is an artic behind them and there holding them up as they can not make up there mind can they come in or not

so its for the other artic driver that i would help out in that situation, as we do look out for each other.

Lol @ this guy,was it him who was giving it beans?
Don’t overestimate your talents fella,we just drive lorries not perform brain surgery.

desypete:

Can’t work out if you’re being ironic.

Anyway I always flash class 2 & 7.5t drivers, firstly it’s professional respect from one driver to another. Secondly we as artic drivers can’t then whine if they cut us up!

I also always ease up from 56 to 54 to let other HGVs get past me quicker, even though I’m also in a hurry to get my plate of chips at the canteen. But each to his own.

In my experience class 2 work often requires tighter manouvering. In the artic we often think it’s tighter than it is. But that’s fine also to give ourselves and others as much room as possible.

desypete:

Ignoring for the moment that Class 1 and Class 2 don’t exist, and haven’t done for many years, what your saying is that ‘Class 2’ drivers don’t need flashing in and indeed leave an appropriate gap before completing the passing manoeuvre. Whereas ‘Class 1’ drivers aren’t so skilled and rely on being flashed in because they aren’t sure where the back of their vehicle is and don’t leave a safe gap before coming back over?

I see, very strange argument. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dipper_Dave:

It’s probably small because you won’t leave it alone and you are gradually wearing it down. :stuck_out_tongue: