Class 1 driver needed for Romania next Wed! Charity!

Hi, we are in need of a class 1 driver to co-drive an artic to Romania with humanitarian relief as part of a convoy leaving a week today (31st May)! The convoy will be for 10 - 14 days depending on distribution timescale. Please email scoobiwap@hotmail.com for full details.
G

Would love to give it a go, but dont think My Boss would be happy after 5 weeks Holiday and 6 weeks sick this year and we are only into May :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think that would definitely push me into the bad books :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So I’ll decline on this occassion and perhaps consider it next year :wink: :wink:

Sounds a good cause

Must be someone out there wants to come along I am completey new to this sort of thing (aid relief that is not driving :unamused: :unamused: )

Anyone fancys it from Yorkshire I will be travelling down from Yorkshire to meet up with the team could travel together or pick up on route,that is if you don’t mind travelling in a transit van :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How much is paid?

Nothing, Lovlyperson. You’re responsible for your own “personal” costs (food, accomodation, etc.) so that all of the charity’s money goes to the people who actually need it. We do it because we’re, well, lovely people :wink:

I couldn’t do it this time because I’m planning to go later in the year, and I don’t get enough holiday to do two convoys. :frowning:

BTW - they’ve found the two drivers they were looking for (thanks to TruckNet), so the panic’s over.

So, the next question is…

Who’s going?

Hi easy-g

I emailed you but got no response so I guess you had already found your drivers by then.

Would like to get involved in any future runs you are planning, so could you email me details please. You should find my email address in your inbox - (similar to my user name here)

Regards
Clark

MrFlibble:
Nothing, Lovlyperson. You’re responsible for your own “personal” costs (food, accomodation, etc.) so that all of the charity’s money goes to the people who actually need it. We do it because we’re, well, lovely people :wink:

I couldn’t do it this time because I’m planning to go later in the year, and I don’t get enough holiday to do two convoys. :frowning:

BTW - they’ve found the two drivers they were looking for (thanks to TruckNet), so the panic’s over.

Who’s going?

I am going :laughing:

thecoder0:

Yes, I worked that out reading between the lines after I posted :unamused:

Good luck and hope you enjoy it. Say “Hi” to Bill, Norman, Chas and Dave for me :wink:

Cheers

Mr Fibble

Will send your regards.

Not met anyone myself yet but looking forward to it :sunglasses:

thecoder0:

MrFlibble:

Who’s going?

Na,“Good Luck” in that Case
and,i reckon
if you give your Bankdetails on may the one or other who couldn’t go spend some for your Costs.
just explain your Bankmanager to get an Anonym Account for a few Weeks

Well…finally joining the conversation…i’ve been confined to the truck for a the week. Sorry! Well, yes we’ve found Dave thankfully but still potentially looking for another class 1 driver given the personal circumstances of one of the existing drivers. So please get in touch if you can Clark.
Cheers
G

why would Romania need aid when theyre joining the eu in 6 months…when i was running out there, the customs used to hate the aid trucks, they were too proud to accept it…but there used to be lots of aid going to the orphanages…
each to their own i suppose…and good luck anyway …

They hate aid because there are no backhanders & as for joining the EEC , don`t hold your breath. A EEC report found out that Bulgaria & Romania IS run by the mafia…( SURPRISE? -SURPRISE ■■? )

Easy-G:
Well…finally joining the conversation…i’ve been confined to the truck for a the week. Sorry! Well, yes we’ve found Dave thankfully but still potentially looking for another class 1 driver given the personal circumstances of one of the existing drivers. So please get in touch if you can Clark.
Cheers
G

Hi Graham

You have a PM mate