Class 1 Course

Hi all, i want to do my Class 1, but am not too sure what type of course to go for.

When i did my Class 2 i did a 2 day course with test on the third, I would also like to do this for Class 1 but not sure whether i will pick it up better over a 4day course and test on fifth.

Im guessing the learning curve is not as great as driving a Class 2 as I am more experienced (not very mind!) to driving larger vehicles.

Just wondering what people thoughts on this was? Thanks

colz1234:
Hi all, i want to do my Class 1, but am not too sure what type of course to go for.

When i did my Class 2 i did a 2 day course with test on the third, I would also like to do this for Class 1 but not sure whether i will pick it up better over a 4day course and test on fifth.

Im guessing the learning curve is not as great as driving a Class 2 as I am more experienced (not very mind!) to driving larger vehicles.

Just wondering what people thoughts on this was? Thanks

Not many can do 2 full days with test on day 3 so you are one of the few who can

I think it is likely to be down to what the provider can do within their schedule but if I was you and had the choice I would go for the same as what you did for cat C

How much road experience have you got on Class 2’s, end of the day Class 1 pays more money

If you’ve got road experience on class 2 then why don’t you book a 3 day course doing wagon and drag… if its tractor and trailer then Id go for the 5 day course mate, that’s my own opinion as it gives you more time being the wheel…

End of the day I fail my first test with and tractor and trailer that had a single axle,( short trailer ), think this was use to the lack of road experience , then retook the test on wagon and drag which I found easy peesy but failed cost the dam ratchet trailer brake cable snapped… then finally changed trailer companies and passed with a tractor unit and tri axle trailer…much bigger and more realistic

Then you got to weigh up the pro’s and cons with everything…ie cost…

Best thing is to have a couple of assessment drives. There are now some other options out there eg automatic. In our case, we offer manual or auto w+d or auto full size artic.

There is no question that the easiest way to get the licence is auto w+d. But then a conversion course to artic would be strongly advised.

There are those folks (and TBH you sound like one of them) who are confident enough to go straight to artic. I would then suggest you go for auto artic to give yourself best opportunity to master the beast.

Different folks will have their own views on this, but that’s how I see it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: