Class 1 Cardiff Area

Anybody know of class 1 work in the above area
would be appreciated,

Thanks

Have you got ADR?

Otherwise, John T Evans may be after a few drivers after a couple have left this week, S&K are always looking.

Also, TDW have a place in Cardiff and they still be after drivers. You could also try Owens!

John Raymond were advertising for drivers last week. Never worked for them myself. Bridgend is only down the road from Cardiff so not to far to travel.

bluebird1927:
would be appreciated,

Thanks

I was chatting to an agency driver in our place yesterday who lives in Cardiff but commutes to Avonmouth most days because he reckons there’s little about closer to home, could that be an option ?

bald bloke:

bluebird1927:
would be appreciated,

Thanks

I was chatting to an agency driver in our place yesterday who lives in Cardiff but commutes to Avonmouth most days because he reckons there’s little about closer to home, could that be an option ?

That must cost him a fair few bucks each week going over the bridge!

Buy a motorcycle (toll free) and look in Avonmouth, S.E Wales is a waste of time the pay offered is shocking.

Thetaff2:

bald bloke:

bluebird1927:
would be appreciated,

Thanks

That must cost him a fair few bucks each week going over the bridge!

Yeah it does but with a higher hourly rate and more work in the long run it must pay i suppose.

bald bloke:

bluebird1927:
would be appreciated,

Thanks

That’s what I do, not agency anymore though. It does cost a bit but £10 an hour basic is a hell of a lot more than you will get in South Wales.

what happened to the new aldi depot they were supposed to be building out by wentloog ind est?

andi_cardiff:
Have you got ADR?

Otherwise, John T Evans may be after a few drivers after a couple have left this week, S&K are always looking.

Also, TDW have a place in Cardiff and they still be after drivers. You could also try Owens!

No ADR but thanks for the other tip

GBD:
what happened to the new aldi depot they were supposed to be building out by wentloog ind est?

The sign is still up to don’t think it will happen now

Downtowns may be good firm to work for

TDW got a place in Cardiff now have they?? I wouldn’t touch Owens can earn more on agency work

taffytrucker:
TDW got a place in Cardiff now have they?? I wouldn’t touch Owens can earn more on agency work

They’re running a few wagons down the docks running steel up to the midlands, spoke to them on the phone when I was considering moving back down to Cardiff, the wage was shocking though to be honest.

T D Williams is one of our subbies. Occasionally, I get the bus to work and cadge a lift home with the TDW driver, who goes pretty much past my front door. I was talking with him about work, wages and so on one morning and he mentioned what TDW drivers (ADR night trunkers) earn. I can’t remember the exact figures, but it was in the region of tuppence ha’penny a week, or something like that. I’ve never moaned about what I earn since, and I can well believe it pays to go over the water to Avonmouth every day.

We have a good number of Cardiff based drivers at my place in Avonmouth, we also have guys who travel from Merthyr, Bridgend, and the valleys.

you could try Culina, Warburtons, The Royal Mail, D.H.L, Next, Downton, Malcoms, Tesco, the list goes on and on, Bridge toll and fuel from Cardiff costs around £80 a week well worth the outlay for the money on offer.

Also the agency pay no less than £10 an hour for most firms in the area plus a bit more for weekends.

taffytrucker:

No you are quite wrong, you could earn more money doing a paper round.

mike68:

taffytrucker:

No you are quite wrong, you could earn more money doing a paper round.

And have a ■■■■ sight more job security. They’re notorious for laying off a load of drivers after the new year, only to hire them again in April. Having said that, a lot of blokes I know have been there years (did 18 months with them meself) so it must work for some. Don’t ask about rates cos every driver gets paid differently, that’s how Owens survive, divide and rule.

Another one to avoid is John Pearce at Glynneath, even monkeys starve on the peanuts they pay.

mike68:
We have a good number of Cardiff based drivers at my place in Avonmouth, we also have guys who travel from Merthyr, Bridgend, and the valleys.[/quote
We too have several who travel upto an hour from that side of the bridge and they all say it’s worth it.

From what i remember from when I was there uk work was more or less minimum wage 16 quid a night out when on euro work was just over 100 quid a day with night out money