Class 1 age from next year? No longer 21?

Who’s going to wake them up for the early starts then?

Very few will take the oppurtunity is my guess too much layout and tests
unless funded :open_mouth:

Giblsa:
i know there are some sensible kids/youngsters out there who want to come in to this business but some will just see the pound signs (not that many pound signs to be honest) and want to do it. they wont want to work 15 hours, having handballed a full load off, have 9 hours rest and then do the same again the following day will they.

21 year old and spent most of my working life sat on my arse looking for work. Some might call me one of those people ^^. Only ever claimed disability so not a dole scratcher… " Dont judge a book by its cover " How many kids are going to be able to get themselves into the industry without already knowing what the work entails? Lorry driving isn’t the best paid job and im sure most youngys know where the money is. I.T seems to be a nice money maker, but each to their own, kids need to be given a chance, they WILL grow up eventually lol.

For me, hard work is good, driving is better, getting the money for the course was hard but it should all work out well in the end.

Well here is the chance for your little chav kids to learn a worthwhile trade :smiley:

Apprentice Driver - Driving Apprenticeship
Derby
£9,220 (Under 18, £10,300 (Over 18

Our client is of the UK’s largest equipment rental companies. Across more than 200 locations, they offer a vast range of equipment for hire - from power tools, cement mixers and excavators to compressors and scissor lifts. They are a great company, looking to help you build a great career.

The company is currently offering a number of opportunities to candidates looking for an apprenticeship role. If you’re keen to learn a valuable trade, they can offer you all the training you need to succeed. Their Apprentice Scheme is there to give you the first step towards a terrific career.

Within the role of Apprentice Driver, you will serve a Driving Apprenticeship which gives you the chance to gain a range of qualifications and licences, including a Large Goods Vehicle Licence, a Fork Lift Truck Licence and a Certificate of Professional Competence in road haulage.

To qualify for the Driving Apprenticeship, the Apprentice Driver must have a full driving licence and will need to successfully complete a driver competency assessment. Of course you’ll also display a genuine willingness to learn and a serious commitment to building your career.

This apprenticeship is your opportunity to learn a skilled trade that will set you up for a great future. The Apprenticeship takes approximately two years to complete, during which time you’ll combine ‘block-release’ courses at our client’s National Training Centre in Nottingham, with practical on-the-job training. You will also work towards gaining an NVQ III level qualification.

The company will give you all the support you need to succeed, as well as a good wage and benefits. If you’re enthusiastic and keen to learn, take this opportunity by applying now.

To apply for the role of Apprentice Driver - Driving Apprenticeship, please simply send your CV and a covering letter via the button shown. If your skills and experience meet with any of our client’s requirements and/or needs, we will provide our client with your full details so that they can consider whether you may be suitable for the vacancy advertised. Your details, as submitted by you, will only be used in conjunction with this vacancy. By submitting your CV and cover letter to us, you give express consent to us using your details for this purpose.

This will make sure the little darlings are all tucked up in bed for an early start :wink:

Where is that information ^^^^^^ from??

stormnation:
Where is that information ^^^^^^ from??

Local paper in the job section

FL10Tipper:
as the age limit for Class 1 was getting lowered from 21 to 18 from later next year.

The industry is going to love this one.

The min wage for a 18 to 21 is £4.77 thats a lot cheaper than paying an experience 50 year old with 25 plus years experience £10+ p/h

Jim

Hell, if someone would get me a job on the driving career, i would work for 4 pound an hour lol…

I’m struggling to even get on the driving ladder at the minute :s

stormnation:
Hell, if someone would get me a job on the driving career, i would work for 4 pound an hour lol…

I’m struggling to even get on the driving ladder at the minute :s

At 4 quid, you will probably get a few pm messages, from Poland :stuck_out_tongue:

Under the current young drivers scheme and subject to your circumstances you will get your training funded. So why wait and pay full cost next year. I am seeing a surge of young drivers at this time trying to pass there test before September next year.

What (other) schemes are available for 22 year olds(in the northwest / lancashire) ■■ I applied to the DHL one, couple of days/weeks late though :s

The only apprenticeship style thing ive found is that DHL one.!

Sorry Can’t help in that area only midlands and Oxfordshire right now.