Class 1 again tomorrow

Going back for my retest tomorrow at Mansfield but I’m not feeling it like I was the first time. Dunno what is going on in my head but I’m not liking it! I even went as far as to call up Tracy from PSTT just to get her take on things as I was having serious doubts and was considering canceling it.

Has anyone had these nerves before? I didn’t get this the first time around when I failed my Class 2 first off then passed it in Mansfield.

Radar19:
Going back for my retest tomorrow at Mansfield but I’m not feeling it like I was the first time. Dunno what is going on in my head but I’m not liking it! I even went as far as to call up Tracy from PSTT just to get her take on things as I was having serious doubts and was considering canceling it.

Has anyone had these nerves before? I didn’t get this the first time around when I failed my Class 2 first off then passed it in Mansfield.

The nerves for my test last week started about 2 days before the test and mounted as time got closer… But I tried to tell myself to keep calm, don’t rush and ultimately don’t worry about it. Worrying about it and stressing yourself out is probably the most counter productive thing you can do. So I told myself it will be what it will be, and that seemed to calm me. My test went like a dream, I felt relax (fairly), I didn’t rush, and as such I didn’t make any serious errors.

So best of luck Radar, and try to be calm pal. :smiley:

Have a couple of glasses of wine tonight mate, relax because what will be will be.

I was very nervous on my class 1 test but still managed a pass. Try to see it like this, tomorrow you have to do a little performance for an hour or less so really all you need to do is turn up and do your own rendition of a very consciousness driver, turn up and deliver a good clean slow performance. Go in with a will that says “ok this guy has something I want and I’m going to do exactly what I know he wants in order to get it”

If you fail you fail, you can always book another stab at the performance; )

Good luck but reckon you will sail.

Go and do your best that’s all you can do, you know how the test goes and what’s involved so get a decent sleep, get up and nail it!

go in there and do what you trained to do. concentrate and use the nerves to focus your mind, the adrenaline will allow your mind to process what is going on in front of you faster. keep your head and you will fly through :slight_smile:

If you guys saw my thread I made when I failed, it was on two things otherwise it would of been a perfect drive. I’m thinking my head that I’ll never be able to repeat that perfect drive and I’ll be all over the place.

you would be surprised. when I failed it was a perfect drive apart from one serious where the examiner had to speak because I was pulling off from a filter light. the next week I did a totally flawless drive and passed. adrenaline is a great drug, brings the mind into focus and gives you time to deal with situations because it feels like everything’s happening in slow-motion.

good luck youll be fine just take youre time and don’t make any rash decisions even if you make a mistake don’t think you failed straight away just carry on and do youre best I was a bag a nervs out on my class1 test and thought I failed for making a last minute decision stopping at a set of lights but luckily I made the right decision not even a driving fault

good luck
yatsay93

It’s all about confidence mate. Believe in yourself. You have proved to yourself and your instructor you can drive. You just need to keep your nerves in check. Get down to tesco in the morning and get some rescue remedy. I had 2 drops under the tongue before both test and I was calm and relaxed and passed both first time

Stop ■■■■■■■ about,get it done…good luck n all that ■■■■■■■■ :smiley:

You will be fine Radar. The only reason you have a few nerves, is because it matters to you.

Let us know how you get on pal.

Radar don’t dwell on the examiner being there, listen to his instruction and ask him to repeat it if you are in any doubt. Above all fully concentrate on your driving, remember your training and do not take any chances whatsoever. If on the reverse you are not sure take the two shunts you are allowed as they are only minors. Maybe one to make sure you won’t hit the cones and maybe one to get your rear in the box. Take your time on the road and be patient, most people rush because your mind wants the test over with so physiologically it makes you rush everything.

Good luck

The reverse was fine, same as the couple/uncouple. What did me in was this.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=127052

Radar19:

just remember as I got taught most the roads you take youre test on are designed for cars not artics I wa being taught when going round sharp bend to take it wide and use some off the other lane if needed providing you weren’t endangering other road users and causing anyone to move out youre way just take it slow and wide with plenty of observation front back mirrors blind spot etc

yatsay93

good luck mate

Radar19:

I said that because a common second fail is on something they passed on the first time but then take it for granted the second time concentrating too hard on what they filed on the first time. You may have to read that sentence a few times :smiley: :smiley:

Treat the whole test as if it is your first again and take your time. At least you will be more prepared for those bad turns if you go there tomorrow. :wink:

Good luck pal :wink:

That junction I think is pretty much mandatory in a Mansfield test, I had it on my Class C. The kerbs there have clearly taken a battering, and as Radar says in his previous thread, you need to approach it correctly. Not difficult in a Class C, but I’m sure it’s a bit trickier in an Artic…

As Alders says, take nothing for granted and best of luck. You should be fine! :smiley:

Good luck mate :smiley: once you get out on the road and you start to relax you’ll nail it.

Nerves can be a blessing in disguise sometimes.

Moonpigdan:
Good luck mate :smiley: once you get out on the road and you start to relax you’ll nail it.

Nerves can be a blessing in disguise sometimes.

I agree with Dave! :open_mouth: