Class 1 adr reg change?

All i can say is

I’ll stick to driving just trucks with normal loads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not the same business then teatime, but we have the same cards and smile as we go by :wink:

smile ! more like the grin of fear :smiley: :smiley:

teatime:

Not the same business then teatime, but we have the same cards and smile as we go by :wink:

smile ! more like the grin of fear :smiley: :smiley:

If you’re talking about one of these, here’s one I prepared earlier: :sunglasses:

We have the ones that say ‘I’m not stopping but will follow you to a police station’. It’s a bit more formal than that, but the memory brain cell has switched off.

No offence Dave intended but I was keeping an eye on this as soon as I saw the Sorry you are wrong and was hoping you had a challenger, I don`t even know why but sadly it was all over before it begun. :laughing:

You have helped me out in the past as well so I can only fathom that its because I know sweet F.A. about anything. :laughing:

aranger:
No offence Dave intended but I was keeping an eye on this as soon as I saw the Sorry you are wrong and was hoping you had a challenger, I don`t even know why but sadly it was all over before it begun. :laughing:

You have helped me out in the past as well so I can only fathom that its because I know sweet F.A. about anything. :laughing:

Hi arranger, TBF, most of what Lovelyperson said was correct at one time, and there was a fair bit he said that is still correct. We shouldn’t forget that English isn’t his first language, and as a linguist myself, I admire his courage for posting in (what is to him) a difficult foreign language.

Then we also shouldn’t forget that dangerous goods law is quite tricky in that ADR has 44 member countires, but a number of them, including the UK and Germany, still retain (different) national Regs for use by their own vehicles within their borders. It’s still perfectly possible that Austria has a requirement for an attendant for the carriage of UN Class 1, and they’ve every right to carry on doing that if they wish.

It’ll be very interesting to see whether Lovelyperson comes back with some references that I can read for myself, even if they are in German. :grimacing:

I don’t think I agree with this though:

arranger:
…I can only fathom that its because I know sweet F.A. about anything.

As I remember, we’ve chatted in the chatroom and I can’t remember you being wrong about anything… :smiley:

dieseldave:
Then we also shouldn’t forget that dangerous goods law is quite tricky in that ADR has 44 member countires, but a number of them, including the UK and Germany, still retain (different) national Regs for use by their own vehicles within their borders. It’s still perfectly possible that Austria has a requirement for an attendant for the carriage of UN Class 1, and they’ve every right to carry on doing that if they wish.

And therein lies the problem with transport. I remember the differences I had to adapt to when working in Germany.

Differences between GGVS and ADR, between Nahverkehr and Fernverkehr, the different paperwork and books I needed to get loaded in a factory using a German trailer even though one year earlier with a UK registered truck and no ADR certificate for the chassis I could carry the same products without hindrance.

Your too kind Dave and not the type to gloat either, far to bloody nice maybe that’s it.

Seriously, its come to my attention that some are not completely happy with this site but as long as guys like yourself and Coffeeholic are here at the touch of a keyboard to help with 100% correct info. then whats to complain about.

Lovelyperson has a better understanding of our language than me that’s for sure or a better spellchecker are you sure he`s a Johny.

Wheel Nut:
And therein lies the problem with transport. I remember the differences I had to adapt to when working in Germany.

Differences between GGVS and ADR, between Nahverkehr and Fernverkehr, the different paperwork and books I needed to get loaded in a factory using a German trailer even though one year earlier with a UK registered truck and no ADR certificate for the chassis I could carry the same products without hindrance.

Yes Malc, I’m guessing you’re talking of around 5 years ago??
It might be to do with the converging and standardisation of technical standards amongst the ADR countries, and even the old B3 certificate has now been replaced. The new version of that still has the pink stripe though and is for tankers of FL, OX and AT specs, plus EXII and EXIII vehicles. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention there’s a new kind of vehicle called a ‘MEMU.’ :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t get any easier does it? :grimacing:

Have Books at Home and can send you a Copy.
Have not renewed my ADR Licence,but don’t think they softened the Law after a few big Tunnel Fire.
Well,if you have parked at a Factory as directed you just have to stay for a minimum of 10 minutes,but,you can’t stop just on any Factury and say you are safe,as you with ADR have to stay a minimum of 50 meter from any Building away,and class1 and 7 the double distance.
well,and then is the Way there!

Lovelyperson:

Hi Lovelyperson, The only books that are valid are called ADR 2009 and CDG 2009, and I already have both thank you.
I have them as hard-copy and electronic copies, so I can save you the postage. :grimacing:
Sorry mate, but until you realise that ADR is completely republished every two years, I can’t do any more than tell you that your book is probably as out-of-date as your ADR licence. schach

Let’s just consider for a moment… Your ADR licence expired on 04/05/2006, so that means you probably trained in May 2001.
The version of ADR that was valid during your course was ADR 2001.

Here is what you’ve missed so far:
ADR 2001 was valid from 01/01/2001, but ADR 1999 could be used until 30/06/2001 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2003 was valid from 01/01/2003, but ADR 2001 could be used until 30/06/2003 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2005 was valid from 01/01/2005, but ADR 2003 could be used until 30/06/2005 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2007 was valid from 01/01/2007, but ADR 2005 could be used until 30/06/2007 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2009 was valid from 01/01/2009, but ADR 2007 could be used until 30/06/2009 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2011 will be valid from 01/01/2011, but ADR 2009 can be used until 30/06/2011 at the latest, then it too will go in the bin.

:bulb: Please remember the original question is to do with UK dangerous goods law, some of which is different to ADR. :wink:

Lovelyperson:
Have not renewed my ADR Licence,

:open_mouth: … Then how credible is your argument? :open_mouth:
I’d like to ask whether your course also covered UK dangerous goods law please? schach

Lovelyperson:
but don’t think they softened the Law after a few big Tunnel Fire.

How do the tunnel fires relate to the original question?

Lovelyperson:
Well,if you have parked at a Factory as directed you just have to stay for a minimum of 10 minutes,

I covered safe parking in my post above and I supplied a quote and a reference. You haven’t supplied a reference for anything you’ve said yet. :wink:
Where is this “minimum of 10 minutes” from please?
(An ADR reference would be good… 2009 version please… :wink: ) schach

Lovelyperson:
but,you can’t stop just on any Factury and say you are safe,as you with ADR have to stay a minimum of 50 meter from any Building away,and class1 and 7 the double distance.

We’ll leave out UN Class 7, because that’s nothing to do with the discussion.

You’re still incorrect anyway, because you seem to have forgotten that the 50m you mentioned is ONLY to do with loading/unloading.
You’re also incorrect with the 50m distance you mentioned, because that’s the minimum separation distance between VEHICLES, not BUILDINGS.

ADR 2009 8.5 S1(4)(d)
When vehicles carrying substances and articles of Class 1 are obliged to stop for loading or unloading operations in a public place, a distance of at least 50 m shall be maintained between the stationary vehicles.

schachmatt

:bulb: Please remember the original question is to do with UK dangerous goods law, some of which is different to ADR. :wink:
Just for you Lovelyperson, here is what CDG 2009 looks like:

This is a current UK Regulation just made by our parliament. It replaces the 2007 Regs, which replaced the 2004 Regs, usw, usw.
CDG 2009 Reg.7 says that we carry UN Class 1 by our own extra set of rules, and I’ll just add that Reg.7 is a bit stricter than ADR for the carriage of UN Class 1 within the UK. :wink:

Lovelyperson:

Sorry mate, I normally understand your posts… but not this comment. :frowning: :blush:

MfG,
dieseldave,
Gefahrgutbeauftragte und ADR Lehrer seit 2003. (Immer noch :open_mouth: )
(Bescheinigung Nr. GB 2874074/081030, gültigkeit bis 6/11/2013)

:open_mouth: Now I’ve taken some more tablets, I’m off for a lie down in a darkened room. :grimacing:

dieseldave:

Lovelyperson:

Hi Lovelyperson, The only books that are valid are called ADR 2009 and CDG 2009, and I already have both thank you.
I have them as hard-copy and electronic copies, so I can save you the postage. :grimacing:
Sorry mate, but until you realise that ADR is completely republished every two years, I can’t do any more than tell you that your book is probably as out-of-date as your ADR licence. schach

Let’s just consider for a moment… Your ADR licence expired on 04/05/2006, so that means you probably trained in May 2001.
The version of ADR that was valid during your course was ADR 2001.

Here is what you’ve missed so far:
ADR 2001 was valid from 01/01/2001, but ADR 1999 could be used until 30/06/2001 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2003 was valid from 01/01/2003, but ADR 2001 could be used until 30/06/2003 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2005 was valid from 01/01/2005, but ADR 2003 could be used until 30/06/2005 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2007 was valid from 01/01/2007, but ADR 2005 could be used until 30/06/2007 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2009 was valid from 01/01/2009, but ADR 2007 could be used until 30/06/2009 at the latest, then it went in the bin.
ADR 2011 will be valid from 01/01/2011, but ADR 2009 can be used until 30/06/2011 at the latest, then it too will go in the bin.

Lovelyperson:
Have not renewed my ADR Licence,

:open_mouth: … Then how credible is your argument? :open_mouth:
I’d like to ask whether your course also covered UK dangerous goods law please? schach

Lovelyperson:
but don’t think they softened the Law after a few big Tunnel Fire.

How do the tunnel fires relate to the original question?

Lovelyperson:
Well,if you have parked at a Factory as directed you just have to stay for a minimum of 10 minutes,

I covered safe parking in my post above and I supplied a quote and a reference. You haven’t supplied a reference for anything you’ve said yet. :wink:
Where is this “minimum of 10 minutes” from please?
(An ADR reference would be good… 2009 version please… :wink: ) schach

Lovelyperson:
but,you can’t stop just on any Factury and say you are safe,as you with ADR have to stay a minimum of 50 meter from any Building away,and class1 and 7 the double distance.

We’ll leave out UN Class 7, because that’s nothing to do with the discussion.

You’re still incorrect anyway, because you seem to have forgotten that the 50m you mentioned is ONLY to do with loading/unloading.
You’re also incorrect with the 50m distance you mentioned, because that’s the minimum separation distance between VEHICLES, not BUILDINGS.

ADR 2009 8.5 S1(4)(d)
When vehicles carrying substances and articles of Class 1 are obliged to stop for loading or unloading operations in a public place, a distance of at least 50 m shall be maintained between the stationary vehicles.

schachmatt

Just for you Lovelyperson, here is what CDG 2009 looks like:

This is a current UK Regulation just made by our parliament. It replaces the 2007 Regs, which replaced the 2004 Regs, usw, usw.
CDG 2009 Reg.7 says that we carry UN Class 1 by our own extra set of rules, and I’ll just add that Reg.7 is a bit stricter than ADR for the carriage of UN Class 1 within the UK. :wink:

Lovelyperson:

Sorry mate, I normally understand your posts… but not this comment. :frowning: :blush:

MfG,
dieseldave,
Gefahrgutbeauftragte und ADR Lehrer seit 2003. (Immer noch :open_mouth: )
(Bescheinigung Nr. GB 2874074/081030, gültigkeit bis 6/11/2013)

:open_mouth: Now I’ve taken some more tablets, I’m off for a lie down in a darkened room. :grimacing:

:grimacing: Well, i went to a English Trainingscentre at that Time when the British National Law were replaced by the ADR Regulation.
is few Years ago,but National Law doesn’t exist in any EU countries anymore.Evereywhere replaced by ADR.
But,the British Gov gave the Option to keep for some longer the Numbering,or Labeling at uk’s road,as it is too dificult for health and safety people to learn the new one.
just interesting that it’s not too difficult for drivers.
Now,my last £150.- i spend for Informations Courses in UK was in 2006.

sorry,i’m on holiday thebelfryhotel.co.uk/

the bore was interesting to see severn-bore.co.uk/

i don’t do ADR anymore,as that is anything for the young Folks,like you,and i ignore usually ADR Topics,but made a exemption,as just all 100 years a question about class1 occures.
thats why i spend some time of my holiday to get the website unece.org/trans/danger/publi … rt8to9.pdf
see Chapter: 8,5 S1
otherwise,happy sunday :smiley:

Lovelyperson:
:grimacing: Well, i went to a English Trainingscentre at that Time when the British National Law were replaced by the ADR Regulation.
is few Years ago,but National Law doesn’t exist in any EU countries anymore.Evereywhere replaced by ADR.

Hi Lovelyperson, I’m sorry but that’s not correct. Above is a picture of the UK dangerous goods Regulations, and you can see when it came into force, so you don’t have to believe me- just look for yourself. :wink:

Lovelyperson:
But,the British Gov gave the Option to keep for some longer the Numbering,or Labeling at uk’s road,as it is too dificult for health and safety people to learn the new one.
just interesting that it’s not too difficult for drivers.
Now,my last £150.- i spend for Informations Courses in UK was in 2006.

Yes, it’s correct that we kept the UK’s road numbering system, and the other thing you might have noticed is that we still drive on the left side of the road. :grimacing:

Now I have a question for you…

:bulb: Have you noticed that UK tankers use a completely different marking system to the one that ADR uses :question: :wink:

Our tanker Hazard Warning Panels are defined in our UK Regs, (they’re NOT the same as ADR uses, :wink: ) so CDG 2009 Reg.6(3) and Schedule 1 are what makes it a requirement for a UK registered road (and rail) tanker to use them on a UK journey.

Anybody on an international journey (or drives a foreign registered vehicle in the UK) isn’t subject to that requirement, because they must obey ADR instead.

So my question is: How is it legal for us to keep our tanker signs??

Lovelyperson:
i don’t do ADR anymore,as that is anything for the young Folks,like you,and i ignore usually ADR Topics,but made a exemption,as just all 100 years a question about class1 occures.
thats why i spend some time of my holiday to get the website unece.org/trans/danger/publi … rt8to9.pdf
see Chapter: 8,5 S1
otherwise,happy sunday :smiley:

Hi Lovelyperson, I’m so sorry that you had to spend some time from your holiday to do some research, but what you’ve provided merely says that I was correct all along. :grimacing:

You still seem to have missed the point that we were discussing UK Regs in the original question. :confused:

Your reference is from ADR, so we can continue with that if you like… but it looks like you’ve already lost that argument too :grimacing:

Please show where a second person is actually required…
Please show where it substantiates your “minimum of 10 minutes” :confused:
Please concede that it shows that your version of the 50m distance wasn’t quite correct. :wink:

Please enjoy the rest of your holiday. :smiley:

How shall i explain you in English that:
INTRODUCTION
Dangerous goods, such as explosives, flammables or corrosives, have inherent hazards. There is a risk
that incidents involving these hazards may cause harm to people, property and the environment, eg by
explosion, fire or spillage.
Great Britain (GB) legislation on the carriage of dangerous goods has gradually converged with
international legislation. Both aim to regulate in such a way that risks are reduced as far as possible
and incidents can be safely and effectively dealt with, but commerce is not impeded.
Responsibility for the preparation of future GB legislation on the transport of dangerous goods by road
and rail is transferring from HSE to the Department for Transport (DfT) in time for DfT to draft
Regulations implementing the 2005 amending Commission Directives. These Regulations have to be in
place by 1 July 2005.
Changes
The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 20041 (the
Carriage Regulations) apply to the carriage of dangerous goods by road and rail. They place general
duties on everyone with a role in the carriage of dangerous goods, and specific duties on those in the
transport chain, ie consignors, carriers, loaders, packers, etc.
The Carriage Regulations refer to the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of
Dangerous Goods by Road 20032 (ADR 2003) and Regulations concerning the International Carriage of
Dangerous Goods by Rail 20033 (RID 2003). The Regulations also implement a further Directive on
transportable pressure equipment.4 They replace, by a single Statutory Instrument (SI), 12 previous SIs
that regulated the carriage of dangerous goods by road and rail in GB.5
This leaflet covers the carriage of dangerous goods by road. It is not intended to serve as a summary of
either the Carriage Regulations or ADR, but as a ‘route map’ to help you determine whether any
carriage might fall within the scope of the Regulations and ADR, and guide you through working with
both documents to determine the requirements that apply to you.
This leaflet does not cover carriage of dangerous goods by rail or by inland waterways. It does not deal
with carriage of radioactive materials or transportable pressure equipment in detail - these will be
covered elsewhere.
Well,costed me £150.- to hear that ADR Regulation replaces the National Regulation

Lovelyperson:
How shall i explain you in English that:
INTRODUCTION
Dangerous goods, such as explosives, flammables or corrosives, have inherent hazards. There is a risk
that incidents involving these hazards may cause harm to people, property and the environment, eg by
explosion, fire or spillage.
Great Britain (GB) legislation on the carriage of dangerous goods has gradually converged with
international legislation. Both aim to regulate in such a way that risks are reduced as far as possible
and incidents can be safely and effectively dealt with, but commerce is not impeded.
Responsibility for the preparation of future GB legislation on the transport of dangerous goods by road
and rail is transferring from HSE to the Department for Transport (DfT) in time for DfT to draft
Regulations implementing the 2005 amending Commission Directives. These Regulations have to be in
place by 1 July 2005.
Changes
The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 20041 (the
Carriage Regulations) apply to the carriage of dangerous goods by road and rail. They place general
duties on everyone with a role in the carriage of dangerous goods, and specific duties on those in the
transport chain, ie consignors, carriers, loaders, packers, etc.
The Carriage Regulations refer to the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of
Dangerous Goods by Road 20032 (ADR 2003) and Regulations concerning the International Carriage of
Dangerous Goods by Rail 20033 (RID 2003). The Regulations also implement a further Directive on
transportable pressure equipment.4 They replace, by a single Statutory Instrument (SI), 12 previous SIs
that regulated the carriage of dangerous goods by road and rail in GB.5
This leaflet covers the carriage of dangerous goods by road. It is not intended to serve as a summary of
either the Carriage Regulations or ADR, but as a ‘route map’ to help you determine whether any
carriage might fall within the scope of the Regulations and ADR, and guide you through working with
both documents to determine the requirements that apply to you.
This leaflet does not cover carriage of dangerous goods by rail or by inland waterways. It does not deal
with carriage of radioactive materials or transportable pressure equipment in detail - these will be
covered elsewhere.
Well,costed me £150.- to hear that ADR Regulation replaces the National Regulation

Hi Lovelyperson, If the info above cost you £150, then you should ask for a refund, because you could have got it for free at a museum. :grimacing:
At a complete guess, I’d say that the info above is about five years old. :wink:
The info above does nothing to support your argument above eg. 50mtr rule etc etc.
The info above is from a leaflet (IIRC dated 2004) and is NOT law, so you’re still short of any proper references to support your argument. :wink:

I’m sorry, but I’m failing to see what point you’re trying to make… :confused:

I’ve already posted a picture of the CURRENT 2009 UK dangerous goods law, so OK, you don’t believe me or you think I photoshopped the whole thing :question: :confused:

Hmm… a new approach with a very simple example is needed…

MR Lovelyperson, do you agree that UK tanker markings are quite different to those used on international journeys and by the other ADR member countries :question: A simple “yes” or “no” will do nicely please. :smiley:

Now we know that they are different, why don’t the police/VOSA fine every UK tanker driver for using the wrong vehicle markings :question:

:bulb: That is because there is a UK LAW that says we MUST use UK tanker markings. :unamused:
That law is CDG 2009, which is pictured in my post above. Like I said before: <Schachmatt> :wink: :grimacing:

:grimacing: Is it safe for me to venture out yet ?

Errrr, I did have another question, but I think I’ll leave it for now :smiley:

teatime:
Errrr, I did have another question, but I think I’ll leave it for now :smiley:

Hi teatime, it’s OK mate, I’m fully recovered, so fire away… I’ll answer if I can :laughing: :smiley: