Clarification

Can someone clarify when the ban comes in to effect at weekends in France, lux, germany and where it is exempt?

Thanks

2200hrs Saturday - 2200hrs Sunday is the official time of the ban
ADR can’t run in France officially after 1200hrs Saturday, not sure about other countries
Perishable goods can run as per normal(I read somewhere that frozen can’t run tho)
The French allow you to run East from the boat/train to Belgium during the hours of the ban.
Holland/Belgium are pretty much like the UK,you can run Sundays.
Luxembourg will let you enter the country at 2145hrs Sunday so by the time you exit into France/Germany it is past 2200hrs

I’m sure there’s more, and no doubt someone will correct me on something that I’ve posted above! :wink:

Actually, you can run with frozen food in France on a Sunday, although a lot of Police seem to think you can’t. Exempted items include…

perishable goods and products : eggs; live fish, crustaceans and shellfish;
foodstuffs requiring refrigeration; frozen and deep-frozen foodstuffs, in particular meat
products, seafood, milk and dairy products, egg-based products, yeast and vegetable
products including refrigerated fruit juices and ready-to-use chopped raw vegetables; all
foodstuffs which must be kept warm; fresh fruit and vegetables, including potatoes, onions
and garlic; cut flowers, and potted plants and flowers; honey; animal carcasses.

transportsfriend.org/int/country-france.html

Harry Monk:
Actually, you can run with frozen food in France on a Sunday, although a lot of Police seem to think you can’t. Exempted items include…

perishable goods and products : eggs; live fish, crustaceans and shellfish;
foodstuffs requiring refrigeration; frozen and deep-frozen foodstuffs, in particular meat
products, seafood, milk and dairy products, egg-based products, yeast and vegetable
products including refrigerated fruit juices and ready-to-use chopped raw vegetables; all
foodstuffs which must be kept warm; fresh fruit and vegetables, including potatoes, onions
and garlic; cut flowers, and potted plants and flowers; honey; animal carcasses.

transportsfriend.org/int/country-france.html

You used to be OK with mail, news papers & exhibition type stuff as well, back in the late 80’s I often did mail from London to Madrid, but unfortunately I only ever seemed to get it mid week so couldn’t take advantage of the ‘permenant derrogation’ of these goods.

Ross.

What I find strange is that honey is considered to be perishable, yet 2000-year-old jars of honey have been found in Roman remains, and it’s still perfectly edible.

Also note that you don’t need a fridge to run on Sundays, onions in a Euroliner are allowed to run.

Harry Monk:
Also note that you don’t need a fridge to run on Sundays, onions in a Euroliner are allowed to run.

I’ve often brought onions back in tilts & euroliners and never been pulled, had a group of about 6 coppers sat talking on one of the bridges in Ruonne about 8 o’clock one Sunday morning all watch as I drove past but none raised a hand to pull me!!

Ross.

LUX

If your heading in direction Germany/France then it 2145 sat night to 2145 sun night

if heading opposite way back into Belgium you can run as your border of exit isnt closed
was bought in to stop build up of trucks in services and at borders

As said general ban france 2200 sat to 2200 sun
the adr rule at 1200 im 90% sure they scrapped that a few years back
Spain on a SUNDAY mainly basque area and certain roads esp around madrid in the summer months need to check roads all the time as even fresh can not run and have been parked and fined in past

Germany is 2200 to 2200 but not sure like the summertime driving ban this only effects certain roads

Also with france if your heading empty with a fridge to load a frersh load you can run something like upto 150 km to load but they would want evidence but sure someone will know correct mileage allowed to travel

But saying that the fine for getting caught in France not that big

Ran a holiday last year with taut on
started at Bordeaux got caught 1 hour from Cherbourg fined 100 euro and was allowed to carry on to port

so as a o/d for 100 euros was worth it as got back day quicker and fitted a days uk wrk in