Clapping hands while driving

This lorry driver yesterday,clapping his hands at me ,ok,I ran out steam overtaking in the middle lane of the my,I couldn’t get past him,don’t they ever think,there are cameras everywhere and dashcams!
And you’re taking both hands off the wheel to clap!

Sploom:
This lorry driver yesterday,clapping his hands at me ,ok,I ran out steam overtaking in the middle lane of the my,I couldn’t get past him,don’t they ever think,there are cameras everywhere and dashcams!
And you’re taking both hands off the wheel to clap!

That must’ve been absolutely terrifying for you, it obviously made you that upset that you felt the need to write about it and post it on the internet you poor lamb.
If it happens again I suggest contacting a doctor and requesting a test to see if you’re liable to be suffering from PTSD and employ a no win no fee solicitors.
With the evidence on your cameras you could be in for a big payout!

You are right,it does get on my nerves.

Pm me hun ■■

I hope your not one of those that sit behind you for miles fully loaded and then decide to overtake just before or even more annoying on the brow of a hill??
WTF [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
I hope your not one of those that sit behind you for miles fully loaded and then decide to overtake just before or even more annoying on the brow of a hill??
WTF [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Or even worse, the new breed of idiots that try and get past you on a roundabout then realise they have ran out of steam halfway through the overtake.
I’m seeing more and more of this impatient driving from so called professional drivers. (jeez I’m starting to sound like Jake the snake)

I sometimes do that if some ■■■■ keeps me in lane 1 after being baulked up, while I am indicating to overtake after giving him plenty time to let me out,… but his day is evidently so ■■■■ pushed and stressed out he can not afford 2 seconds to show a fellow driver some courtesy and empathy. :smiling_imp:

Anyway point I’m making, I have not harmed any fluffy kittens or puppies while doing it, and if I get pulled in by my lot for my camera (type that only goes off in harsh braking situations) they get the same response as they did in the one and only time I’ve been pulled for it…that is.
‘‘Your cameras are an insult and a ■■■■ take, I do not believe in them, but do whatever tf to me you need to do’’

Hope that helps. :neutral_face:

Without commenting on the circumstances of this particular handclap i have a certain sympathy with the clapper.

It’s become apparent over the last 3 weeks that there’s a minority of utterly useless twerps at the wheel of lorries, we all knew that but with all the cars usually milling about doing their thing the steering wheel attendees in wagons have some mitigating circs for their antics and one can and does give them the benefit of the doubt.

But, without cars providing alibis the truth is staring you in the face.

To be fair the vast majority of wagon drivers are behaving as expected, using the lack of car drongos to give more space and braking distance and make decent smooth progress, but this has made the twerps stand out even more.

Juddian:
Without commenting on the circumstances of this particular handclap i have a certain sympathy with the clapper.

It’s become apparent over the last 3 weeks that there’s a minority of utterly useless twerps at the wheel of lorries, we all knew that but with all the cars usually milling about doing their thing the steering wheel attendees in wagons have some mitigating circs for their antics and one can and does give them the benefit of the doubt.

But, without cars providing alibis the truth is staring you in the face.

To be fair the vast majority of wagon drivers are behaving as expected, using the lack of car drongos to give more space and braking distance and make decent smooth progress, but this has made the twerps stand out even more.

Also like the fully loaded ones who decide to over take me on the A34:when I’m empty and already past them on the hill before ,
I just leave them out there kick down a cog and go

Sent while in furlough

to be fair to the o/p i would gather from the info that he was just using universal sign language to point out that in his opinion you were being a complete and utter fanny for trying another elephant race 5 mile overtake and failing.
surely a “professional” driver would never dream of doing such a thing? :slight_smile:

Another thing o/p…, you say ‘‘taking both hands of the wheel’’ in a ‘shock horror’ context.
Ok the brainwashed theory world types would have us believe that it’s up there in terms of crime with murderous carnage, but unless you’re still driving a Mk 2 Atkinson Borderer with no power steering where stopping gripping the wheel for dear life will put you on the grass verge, (I know I’ve driven one :open_mouth: ) I can’t see a great problem in taking hands off for a few seconds, on a modern truck as long as you watch intently what you are doing.

No doubt the theorists, the never do wrongs, the neurotic and those who know better about these things will be choking on their coffee, and be along soon to give me hell for even suggesting such a irresponsible act. :unamused: :laughing:

they didnt invent automatic boxes and cruise control to make us have to drive with our hands.
feet up on the dash and knees are quite sufficient in a lot of instances.
obviously when microwaving the scran and buttering pieces takes a tad more care and attention,but apart from that you should always relax as much as possible.( especially if your in a bad reception area of the motorway for watching movies.

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews … bs-up.html
This officer took his hands off the wheel and got into serious trouble for it.

As Juddian says there’s some prime examples of poor Roadcraft out there these days, don’t get me wrong I’m capable of some incredible stupidity but currently it must be like driving in 1950’s traffic volumes with modern vehicles and slightly better (at a push) roads.

Fuel economy off the chart, stress levels akin to lying on a beach just relax make smooth progress or stop for 5 minutes and chill, have a smoke if you don’t smoke wtf are you doing driving trucks :wink:

So what was he supposed to do, back off, slow down so you can cut in front and then hold him up? Slow handclap is what you deserve. FFS!

I gave up smoking but still drive a truck!

dekka:
So what was he supposed to do, back off, slow down so you can cut in front and then hold him up? Slow handclap is what you deserve. FFS!

I only went just past level with him,I knew he was going to get ahead again on the next hill,I just didn’t feel like breaking, so I let it roll up to 60 even though I m limited to 53.
I would never never advise slow handicapping while you are in control of a truck,if the driver has you on his dashcam,what’s to stop him handing it over to police and having the last laugh…

Sploom:
i
f the driver has you on his dashcam,what’s to stop him handing it over to police and having the last laugh…

The only thing that would stop him from doing that is him not being a complete lowlife Roger Hunt.
Unfortunately there’s a lot of them about today infesting our industry, so yeh, you’re maybe right.

Sploom:
if the driver has you on his dashcam,what’s to stop him handing it over to police

Probably his desire to make an even bigger ■■■ of himself by posting said video (of nothing interesting happening ) on youtube

I though this was about Thursday nights and is it OK to clap at 8pm whilst driving.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk