Clandestine illegal entrants preventative measures

Hi,
I am developing an idea which aims to prevent immigrants from getting into the trucks at Calais and other ports. I had previously posted on this forum and was directed to another post where someone believed they had a possible solution. As it happened, he did not and has gone back to the drawing board.
One interesting comment about his solution was that it would merely help the customs officers detect immigrants stowed away, and therefore the driver would still receive a fine.
I would be interested to learn more about what measures you guys have in place to stop anyone from getting into or under your trucks (formal or informal methods).
Finally, I am aware that drivers tend not to stop anywhere near Calais, but is stopping a regular occurrence outside of the port in areas of traffic? Or do queues often form outside the port when trucks are waiting to enter?

Appreciate any responses

Thanks!

Armed ■■■■■■ vehicles, who have K.O.S. orders.

Or round em up and ship em back to their own countries. Theres a legal process which all these people are trying to flout.

Barbed wire across the back doors and criss crossed under the trailer. …

daveW2015:
Hi,

I would be interested to learn more about what measures you guys have in place to stop anyone from getting into or under your trucks (formal or informal methods).

I don’t do continental work any more, but when I did my measures were a lump hammer and an aggressive attitude. I would bet good money that there are many folk who will never forget the day they soiled their pants when I found them in the back of my trailer.

The recent cut back on Italian navy patrols recently in the Medi should eventually filter through to Calais with less arriving due to there not being so many rescued.

daveW2015:
I am aware that drivers tend not to stop anywhere near Calais, but is stopping a regular occurrence outside of the port in areas of traffic? Or do queues often form outside the port when trucks are waiting to enter?

Why not go to the French channel ports, & spend some time observering what goes on.
That way you’ll have some insight what goes on :unamused:

in patras I found dropping the suspension often worked either broken bones or they got the ■■■■ out.

as harry said lump hammer and aggression often work too.

luckily I was on fridge work so decent padlocks were normally enough.

Arm the trailer so any one outside touches it they get a high voltage electrical sock, like a taser? :smiling_imp:

Or…Get a curtain sider and leave the straps undone. Make sure it’s empty so loads of them climb in.then simply turn the truck round and dump them off somewhere