Clampers Swan Valley J15a M1

hello all,

just a word of warning, do not under any circumstances, park on the Swan Valley estate roads. Although there are no yellow, red or white lines, there are numerous warning signs zip-tied to lamp-posts. The blokes park up opposite ends of the estate with radios, and as soon as anyone parks up, thats it, they park one in front, one behind and whack a clamp on. Be Warned! We saw a bloke get clamped when he pulled over to answer his mobile, one was looking at a map, and even 2 of our own drivers got it done to them. One parked up just to nip into the car park to get something out of his car, away for less than 1 minute, and another just parked to nip across to the gatehouse to have a widdle!!

£150 - expensive wee :imp:

1 in front and 1 behind :question:
that would look like a potential hijacking scenario to me.
id ram them zb,s off the bleedin road.
no one is nicking my 30 ton of cement :wink: not in a van anyhow :laughing:

Well said Dave, I think I’d be tempted to do the same. You could make them some nice concrete wellies with that cement and then drop them off a bridge somewhere.

wasnt there a case mentioned on trucknet a whole ago , where the driver was parked in a que outside a rdc or something and as they tried to clamp him he drove into the van, got arrested and then released without an apology :question:

dave:
wasnt there a case mentioned on trucknet a whole ago , where the driver was parked in a que outside a rdc or something and as they tried to clamp him he drove into the van, got arrested and then released without an apology :question:

ROB. ROB. ROB K, paging Rob K, Dave wants to hear your story.

You’ll have set him off now Dave. :wink: :smiley:

BEEP-BEEP, BEEP-BEEP :open_mouth:

Rob K at your service :laughing:

You need to have a gander HERE for my experiences of these .

CBR_SI thanks for alerting me to that about Swan Valley as I nearly parked up there for the night a short while ago.

dave:

that was our local trouble maker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no worries Rob. Its all a knee-jerk reacton by SV management. Some pansie car drivers got intimidated by all the lorries parked up; even though they only ever used one side of the road, so it was still no problem to get a truck up and down the road.

where is swan valley?
is that rugby?
it is against the code of practice for wheel clamping as set out by the BPA to wheel clamp a vehicle with it’s engine running, the driver must be advised that they are stopped in a restricted area and they are allowed 15 minutes to move on.

When clamping / removal should not be used

12.The following vehicles shall not be clamped / removed under any
circumstances:

i vehicles that have paid legitimately for parking and have overstayed the paid for time by less than 15 minutes and are not committing any other breach of the regulations.
ii liveried vehicles being used for official fire, police, or ambulance purposes.
iii vehicles that have had a clamp removed less than two hours previously and which remain in the same position.
iv vehicles being used by a doctor on call and displaying a BMA badge or Health Emergency badge (eg: midwives/district nurses) with the address showing and away from his/her normal place of work.
v vehicles where the driver is present with the engine running. (for up to 15 minutes only).

13.In addition vehicles should normally be moved within a site, if this is feasible, and then clamped if they are:

i causing a serious obstruction or likely to cause danger.
ii parked adjacent to a fire exit or access used by emergency vehicles.
iii parked in a specially reserved bay (eg: for disabled people) without displaying an appropriate permit.

Swan Valley : coming off M1 southbound at J15A, go past Northampton/Rothersthorpe MSA and turn left when you get the doughnut. There’s Safeway & Morrisons RDC’s down there and also Carlsberg RDC.

Who is the BPA ?

A random guess would be

BPA

Britsh Parking Association ?

Rob K:

Who is the BPA ?

British Petanque Association (now defunct).

Bet this thread sent shivers down your spine, eh Rob?

Salut, David.