Clampers Strike Again!

Just to warn any of you out there :cry:
My driver has just been clamped at Colnbrook, Heathrow. He stopped outside GIST to go in with his delivery notes to see if he could get tipped. Where you usually stop was full of parked vehicles so he parked on the oposite side of the road. Came back out 3 minutes later to find he was clamped.
Clampers told him there was a sign telling drivers about this. Nearest sign was 500 yards away and about 15 feet up a post. Pictures have been taken :exclamation: :exclamation:
Beware any of you going there - it has just cost me ÂŁ200 to get him on the road again :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I don’t have an issue with anyone getting done for parking illegally but this clamping thing is getting totally out of control. Reminds me of the Security Industry before it was regulated :exclamation:

I’m seriously thinking of the fun to be had by laying in wait for these clampers and accidentally driving off while they are close too (or even better under) the wheels somewhere nice and dark. Wouldn’t that be a terrible shame :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Scum the lot of them. Just watch any prog on telly about them and just see the people that the job appeals to. Three steps down the human ladder of life from junkies and rapists!

Perhaps its time trucks had a few modifications done to them, The new Hatcher Dog Pod or modify the shiny light bar to become a gun rack. Fill up with 1000 liters of diesel and claim your free angle grinder. Perhaps a company could come up with a leg clamp for the clampers. I wonder were clamps are made■■? perhaps that would be great place for hundred or so trucks to park.

After the decline of the UK manufacturing industry to near nothing, it seems the only businesses that thrive are ones that fleece and clobber the general public on a daily basis, it’s bit of a poor do in my opinion.

I am off to London tonight, so I expect to be clamped, have tickets issued, be charged for congestion, although as a red blooded straight male i should at least avoid the LEZ thing.

drew128:
I wonder were clamps are made■■? perhaps that would be great place for hundred or so trucks to park.

you`d probably use a lot of diesel going to china :unamused: :unamused:

I,d take it you are going to chase them for the ÂŁ200 .

You would hope common sense prevailed and the clampers could see no other parking was available and given the driver a chance .
But Oh no it’s an easy £200 , bunch of pricks .
People get worse and it winds me up .
Bloody ■■■■■■■■ behind the counter this morning at work lost my pallet note and then tried to blame me for losing 22 pallets , patronising ■■■■■■■■ I nearly lamped him , but thats another story . :laughing:

proudscot,
you say the signs were 15 feet up. to my knowledge they have to be a face height. chase this up.

Proudscot you got away light it cost me ÂŁ250 :confused:

In the time (1 hour) i was there they had five other trucks clamped ba…turds

My clamping
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

i know 1 thing if i saw a clamper puting a clamp on a truck or van maybe a car if the driver is nice Ill remove it with no damage to the clamp…depending on the clamp u may have a few scratch to a wheel trim or alloy/steel rim but most are easy to remove…

Its getting to the point these days where its really tempting to carry a grinder around with you.

Plug it in and get the f’er off. I know its against the rules but I NEVER park anywhere I shouldn’t unless there really, really, is no other safe option.
So in that case I really don’t care about there stupid rules as they obviously don’t care about common sense.

Of course you couldn’t leave the clamp there, that’d be too obvious, just take it with you, then they’d spend a good few minutes wondering how you drove off with it still attached :sunglasses:

Didn’t there used to be some bloke who, anywhere in london, would come out and grind clamps off then stick the vids on youtube, he dressed as a superhero I seem to remember, and as it wasn’t you who did the damage you couldn’t get done - or so was the theory.

Alex

i had a thought take the clamp off and when u park up put the clamp back on your own truck…they may think twice about clamping a allready clamped truck… :smiley:

I had a thought too… electrify the wheel hubs with masses of electricity.

Of course make sure that you put up a sign (nice and small) warning of electric shock just so H&S don’t get on to you.

Scarab:

Of course make sure that you put up a sign (nice and small) warning of electric shock just so H&S don’t get on to you.

15 feet up I assume :wink: :wink:

Stan

I did hear not so long ago about some clamper,obviously new to the job,who clamped the wheel of a tag axle!Of course,the driver did the obvious,lifted the axle and drove off!Result!

Scarab:

Years ago I had a Morris Minor van, none of the locks worked and steering locks not invented then :open_mouth: I kept a spare battery in the back connected up to an electric fence unit, anyone touching the van would get a shock of several thousand volts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no harm done as it was only miliamps but it worked well, trouble was getting into the van to turn the thing off (a technique I got right in the end). A great alarm system :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Theres always a truck clamped in the coach park in Lymm services. If a lorry parks in the 1st bay of the coach area no signs are visible stating its a coach park and the truck will be clamped. Clampers strike within 5 mins and the release fee is ÂŁ250, it used to be over ÂŁ300!

Most days I spend my lunch there and park up in a postition I can see the coach park. Anybody who parks up in their lorry in the coach park I quickly move on. I must have deprived the clampers of about ÂŁ1000 so far. Makes me feel good inside :wink:

The clampers can charge a release fee to remove the clamp but only if there are enough signs stating clamping is in operation. Bear in mind its only a release fee. If you get clamped and can wiggle out of it without damaging it drive off and hand it into the lost property of the nearest police station. No fine that way!

You could give this guy a call :wink:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3112670.stm

On calling, an answer phone message invites callers to “leave a message after the grinding sound”.
FPMSL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: brilliant, well done that man!

Is there a contact number we can all call at a nice early time in the morning ■■?

Fallmonk:
Is there a contact number we can all call at a nice early time in the morning ■■?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…sorry what was the question was staring at your avator too long and forgot the question…phone number u say…havent seen one yet but its proberbly wherever the clamper strike u will find his number

I did post about this on another site, I am sure

One of our drivers arrived at Wincantons in Gloucester … the business park just by Junc 11a just 3 weeks ago.
Arrived at 0640 for a 0700 booking, with a load from Germany, in a Dutch registered truck (relevant to later point). Now most of these ‘business parks’ do not allow roadside parking these days … like Magna Park.
So he gets told by the bod in the Security Hut “You can’t come in, driver, the yards full … park out there behind those 3 trucks and as soon as we can, we’ll call you in”
So Adrian does as he is told and pulls up behind the other 3 trucks sat there. Then he does as myself, and I am sure, all you lot would have done and ‘adopted the pose’ … seat back with eyes shut.
He wakes up 40 minutes later to find the 3 trucks have gone from in front of him. So he leans forward to turn the ignition on when he spots the big **** off sticker on the side window!!! ‘You have been clamped’!!!
He then notices that the 2 trucks behind him have gone!
Now our Boss isn’t the ‘politest’ of men when riled … in fact he can be ■■■■ right insulting (I have heard him call a woman from DAFAid who upset him a ‘■■■■■ bucket’)
After a phone call from our Boss which included him threatening to jump in his car and go down to Gloucester, the end result was we are now permanently banned from Wincantons, Wincantons had to pay the ÂŁ325 to release our vehicle and the Security bod got sacked.
I shall miss going there … NOT

My point?? I did wonder if the trucks there get purposely targeted with the assistance of the Security guys as 80% of their deliveries come in from abroad with foreign trucks. I wondered how a foreign truck would have dealt with this?