Claiming training expenses on my tax return

Not sure if this has been covered before but I wanted to know if I can claim for HGV training costs in my 2015-2016 tax return when I complete it after the 6th April this year. I worked self-employed for a few months last year van driving before I took my C then C&E tests and have been driving rigids on a part-time basis since last July. Any advice much appreciated - cheers :confused:

I think its anything you paid before 8th April this year based on the date on the reciept. Anything after that will need to be on next years tax return

Asuming the OP is Ltd Co then the tax year end could be any date in the calendar.
In my case it’s March 15th, due to the date the Co was formed

Zeethron:
Not sure if this has been covered before but I wanted to know if I can claim for HGV training costs in my 2015-2016 tax return when I complete it after the 6th April this year. I worked self-employed for a few months last year van driving before I took my C then C&E tests and have been driving rigids on a part-time basis since last July. Any advice much appreciated - cheers :confused:

Yes you can along with the medical, the license fee, your digi card and your DCPC. I’m on PAYE and I claimed for the cost of my DCPC course last year via a P87. If you’re on self assessment you just fill in the expenses in employment section on the PAYE earnings page. Check when you get your tax coding notices in the future because they may make the same mistake as they did with me and automatically apply it to the next years tax code as well even though it doesn’t apply.

The-Snowman:
I think its anything you paid before 8th April this year based on the date on the reciept. Anything after that will need to be on next years tax return

5th April is the end of the tax year.