Cigarette socket not working

Hey guys , new class 1 trucker , my 19 plate MAN Truck 24v socket on my dashboard isn’t working , read a few similar posts but still struggling get it to work , any help would be great , TIA

try pulling the fuse for 1 minute, it sometimes resets it or change fuse.

gezt:

That’s the issue , pulled panel off , can’t seem to figure which fuse , no idea

Being a MAN hit should have a isolator located on or near the battery box, try turning it off for a minute and then back on. It may or may not work, but at least if it does it’s an easy fix.

cliffey:

gezt:

If you can take the fuse cover panel off and post a clear photo of the schematic inside it, we’ll be able to tell you which fuse covers the cigarette lighter socket. Nine times out of ten, a non-working cigarette lighter socket is simply a blown fuse.

the maoster:
Being a MAN hit should have a isolator located on or near the battery box, try turning it off for a minute and then back on. It may or may not work, but at least if it does it’s an easy fix.

Is that the red key ?

Harry Monk:

cliffey:

gezt:

If you can take the fuse cover panel off and post a clear photo of the schematic inside it, we’ll be able to tell you which fuse covers the cigarette lighter socket. Nine times out of ten, a non-working cigarette lighter socket is simply a blown fuse.

Will post pic on Monday , weekend off

.m.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyE2Kl7W6c.

Might be of use to you

the maoster:

Turning the battery isolator off, then back on, will usually make yer tacho head go daft at you.
It’ll have something like ‘Power Interrupted’ flashing at you, which you’re required to acknowledge before you can do anything else with it. It’ll also have lost a minute of recorded time, so you’ll also have to adjust that too.
Find the right fuse, it might take a while but you’ll always know where it is in the future. Most truck fuses are trip switches these days, so look for the tripped one, or the missing one.
I haven’t driven an MAN for 10 years or so by the way.

^^^^ not the case Simon. The tacho has it’s own internal and separate power source IIRC otherwise tankers and such like which require isolating during loading at certain sites would be throwing up all kinds of tacho problems. I grant that extended periods of electrical isolation could very well cause problems but a few minutes have never caused me any problems whatsoever and with all of our 18 plates it was a common fix to bluetooth connectivity issues that we regularly encountered.

edd1974:
.m.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyE2Kl7W6c.

Might be of use to you

That’s for the 12v but thanks

Try this.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=81431

the maoster:
^^^^ not the case Simon. The tacho has it’s own internal and separate power source IIRC otherwise tankers and such like which require isolating during loading at certain sites would be throwing up all kinds of tacho problems. I grant that extended periods of electrical isolation could very well cause problems but a few minutes have never caused me any problems whatsoever and with all of our 18 plates it was a common fix to bluetooth connectivity issues that we regularly encountered.

Is the isolater the red key near battery ?

Isolater on my man is big red thing under the battery area.
For a while used have keep turning mine and.an off to clear messages.
It never affected the tacho.
Was told by hire place Most tachos thes days have a built in battery incase of power interruptions etc.

edd1974:
Isolater on my man is big red thing under the battery area.
For a while used have keep turning mine and.an off to clear messages.
It never affected the tacho.
Was told by hire place Most tachos thes days have a built in battery incase of power interruptions etc.

That’ll be where I went wrong then.
I’ve not had to isolate my batteries for many years. The last time wasn’t long after I got a truck with a digi-tacho.
Isn’t progress wonderful ? :smiley: