Cig lighter powered vac cleaner

Hi guys, my first post in here.

Does anyone of you know of any cigarette lighter socket powered vacuum cleaner that could be used to clean a lorry’s cabin?
Does anything like this exist at all?

Thanks

Something like this ?

yes, sort of.
have you ever use it?
How good is this?
does cigarette socket give enough power to run it, or maybe better it is to look for rechargeable vacuum cleaner?
I mostly need to to remove dust from the dash board and other parts of the cabin, don’t need it to vacuum the floor, I can use a brush for the floor.

For dust use a damp cloth, with a cleaning solution on it, or some form of polish.
Depends on what you prefer.

your best bet is a paint brush it gets all the dust out of the cracks , don’t use a silican polish it will be a nightmare cant understand why anyone would use that stuff it collects dust better that a dyson…

Portable vacs are a faff & never get the job done better than elbow grease tbh. Just use wet wipes.

This one’s pretty good. Everything else I’ve used, apart from this, has been junk.

ebay.co.uk/itm/like/20095449 … =83&ff19=0

4aaaa4dd:
your best bet is a paint brush it gets all the dust out of the cracks , don’t use a silican polish it will be a nightmare cant understand why anyone would use that stuff it collects dust better that a dyson…

That silicone stuff irritates my throat and eyes, Smiths used to douse the interior of trucks going to MOT with the damned stuff. I hate polishing so just use cheap 99p store tat or a microfibre cloth.
Going back to vacuums, I reckon the home rechargeable ones are better, I had one from the supreme being of truckers’ tat, CDC and it was rubbish. When it did pick dust up it tended to blow it back into the air, or the attachments simply fell off. It now resides under a few thousand tonnes of inert waste at Gill Mill tip after I lobbed it out of the window.
:laughing:

I got one of those hand held Dust Busters, it was about as much use as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding. My wife got me a ‘Wet N Dry’ model which ■■■■■ like the intake of a Rolls Royce Olympus jet engine but the hose is so inflexable that it’s almost impossible to get in some places.

What about one of those rechargeable Dyson’s? Expensive but maybe if for work use only you could claim back on tax?

The only thing i find it handy for is hoovering the mattress when changing bed clothes,or the nookes and crannies on seats,anywhere else is a good interior spray and a microfibre cloth.

bazza123:
What about one of those rechargeable Dyson’s? Expensive but maybe if for work use only you could claim back on tax?

That is what I would do, buy one for the wifes birthday and then borrow it, you can always recharge them in any RDC you are waiting in. I will send you a valid PAT for it :stuck_out_tongue:

i use one of the ryobi ones, was an excuse to buy more power tools at the same time,

mikey-t:
i use one of the ryobi ones, was an excuse to buy more power tools at the same time,

We’ve got an Hitachi one in the workshop that the drill batteries fit in and it is very good, wet and dry too. One thing is don’t charge them from an inverter, unless it’s a very good pure sine wave type. The lower quality sort murder the li-on cordless batteries at an alarming rate we found on the service vans.

This isn’t a cheap option either unless you’ve already got spare batteries as decent capacity li-ons are £££s

bazza123:

Don’t last long between charges. Personally, I reckon all his stuff is a bit gimmicky, over-priced and over-rated.

Thank you all for your replies.
From what I can see hardly anyone uses any vacuum cleaner to collect dust in his cabin, so I guess I’d better reconsider buying one for myself.

G101 diluted to whatever strength you need on a microfibre will cut through just about anything bar 5th wheel grease (not tried that yet).
Use a dish cloth (or other disposable cloth) for heavy grease stuff.
G101 can also be used as a TFR prior to a wash.

Dav1d:
G101 diluted to whatever strength you need on a microfibre will cut through just about anything bar 5th wheel grease (not tried that yet).
Use a dish cloth (or other disposable cloth) for heavy grease stuff.
G101 can also be used as a TFR prior to a wash.

Stay clear of G101 on aluminium it eats into it and makes it look horrible

Get one of these…

argos.co.uk/static/Product/p … 066820.htm

Dust on a dashboard is a free and renewable way of writing down notes.
:laughing: