Chuffed to bits

Passed C today with only one minor not to try and find some work untill I can do C+E

do I need digicard to drive some trucks or could I do it manually until it arives

Congrats on your pass,

You will be able to drive trucks with the old tachographs (paper) but you will need to get a digi card for newer trucks I think you can only drive a truck without a digicard if it is defective awaiting new one from DVLA I think that is only two reasons you can drive without one.

Very well done on such a good score. Trucks from May 2006 are fitted with digitachs. You must not drive a digitach equipped vehicle until you receive your driver card. There are some technical exceptions to this but, for these purposes, that is the case.

Congratulations and good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for advice yeah was chuffed on low score it’s was just couldn’t engage low range at traffic lights tried flicking switch up and down betime managed it had missed the lights so was a perfect drive

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done on the pass :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John.

couldn’t engage low range at traffic lights tried flicking switch up and down betime managed it had missed the lights

If I can offer a bit of advice to anyone getting used to a range change, always get low range and the appropriate gear (often 3rd or 4th - whatever you’ve been taught) before the vehicle actually stops. Too often, candidates will stop at lights in whatever gear and then start messing with the park brake. WRONG! Always get the thing in gear just before you stop. This is kinder to the gearbox - you’re only doing 2 or 3 mph - and if the lights change in your favour you’re set up and ready for it.

The misfortune described above is often caused by a last minute rush to change the range and confuses the hell out of the gearbox. Other times it can be wear on the range change and, once in a blue moon, gearboxes have a “moment”!

But if you follow the advice above, you’re sorted.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Kirk Ella 71:
Passed C today with only one minor …

Hi Kirk Ella,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

If you don’t mind me saying so, that was a rather good score. Nice one!! :smiley:

Well done mate, great score indeed, pleased for ya. :slight_smile: