Christmas

Good day all you old gear jammers from one over here to you lot over there Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
just remember we will have had our christmas pud on the beach before you lot have got out of the Farter.

Cheers DIG

Hi tried that sweating my balls of while trying to scoff me turkey. Happy Christmas and a very happy new year… :smiley:

WHOS GOT TURKEY BALLS THEN,not me sir, ginger has, no son thats nuts.just this minute turned the turkey around in the oven,it did not like it ,so i told it to get stuffed… i do remember having a christmas day breakfast in sydney at some lady/young women house ,it was pork chops with the kidney in, what the cracker was no one give a fu-k who i was where i come from that was the way it was then 1962/3 also they all listen to the queens speech, would they now /■■/ season greetings.

DIG:
Good day all you old gear jammers from one over here to you lot over there Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
just remember we will have had our christmas pud on the beach before you lot have got out of the Farter.

Cheers DIG

to you too ,bit different here though at this time of yr !!

Yes we still get the queens speech on ABC… More important… I got my Astran calendar… Merry Christmas…

Took this one about 5am this morning about… no sign of the fat red bloke…

Jeff…

Good day all ,I lied we had brekky and lunch at home on the deck as my old mate Diesel Dan calls it and yes we had a prawn on barby.
Yes we listen to HM.

Afternoon all, queens speech over, fed and watered, good photos, i now know the difference between a prawn and a clitrious [the old morticien joke] them clits were big on the barb,e…lol dig,does your sun set in the west or east■■?

Dan twin stacks,blowing black ,must be red coal…not anthracite.£5000 fine here smoke free zone .but i would like to see a proper fire or is it peat?

sorry £1000 FINE ,NOT £5000.

image.jpg
image.jpgtwin stacks means only one thing - twin engines ! So just in case a big snow comes and I can’t get under one of bewicks old sheets that are covering my wood I’ve carried a days supply in !

Nice prawns Dig, but I like your shed better…

Here’s my Kenworth on the sun rise…

Jeff…

Shepherds warning Jeff .

deckboypeggy:
Afternoon all, queens speech over, fed and watered, good photos, i now know the difference between a prawn and a clitrious [the old morticien joke] them clits were big on the barb,e…lol dig,does your sun set in the west or east■■?

Dan twin stacks,blowing black ,must be red coal…not anthracite.£5000 fine here smoke free zone .but i would like to see a proper fire or is it peat?

DPG
The Sun sets mostly in the West over the Ocean here in West Oz but I recall a fishing trip a few years ago sitting at our camp on the beach about 600ks north of here when I noticed the sun descending in what appeared to be the east,we worked it out to be an optical alcohol fuelled illusion if thats any help.lol.
I reckon the fuel mixture was about right on them twin stacks by the look of the outside view.

Cheers DIG

Dan ,now then, you have ■■■■■■ us all off you lucky so and so ,real wood burner fire,s and coalie type stuff…very nice.i expect it is chilly up in them there hills.still in shorts here on the south coast.well we have one post man who is all year round , he would have made a good distance drive,[mad]or hyperactive…
going to tuck in to some good old cammeion stew,for boxing day lunch.none of your old barbie kangaroo tails.
Expect all our down under, trucker mates are all tucked up, waiting for that lovely cold, snow storm, nice chilled breeze,we are expecting and you old brucies want,
fuel filled navigation not the best ,especially when in the arm chair.tacking into the kitchen,and gybing out… ive been to the beach this morning not a soul on it.dbp

deckboypeggy:

Smoke free zone ,thought that’s why coalite & such were invented ? £1000 fine blimey ,can you burn wood and coalite though ? I’ve got some Chinese coal it’s not very good ,I’ve also got some from thoresby pit which it very good .

Hijelliot, is that you just up, or going to bed.
Dan go into google -and search smoke free zones it is a government site.

Just looked on the gov website ,that’s pretty tough ,but for every city that s smoke free the people of bolsover & mountain ash & other places suffer yrs of illness due to pollution of making smokeless fuel ! Although a proper Wilcox tipper body looks great piled up with smokeless fuel .

The easiest way to explain it Vic, is that I’m 11 hours in front of you… But yes I’m getting up and going to bed at very anti social times, we change shifts at 2 am and 2 pm… the photo in the rain forest was taken about 5 am on Christmas morning… I managed to get an early start 11 pm on the 24th so I could get finished for about 7 am Christmas morning… We are running big timber out of a very wet area so it’s quick to load usually about 10 sticks per bunk, which is about 6 or 7 grabs… When we’re doing plantation thinning’s up in the dry mountains it’s anything up to 20 grabs per bunk and it takes up to an hour to load the truck… same weight…

We had snow for a couple of days the week before last, we also had 29c on the same week…

And now I’m sick of eating ham !!!

Jeff…

Dan, is Doe Lea still operating (probably not!) as a Ballidon haulier used to get his fuel from there and rekoned it was good stuff for a Parwich fire! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Best coal I’ve had pete has been a blend off statham of whatever fell of the bagging plant !

Managed to get Bloke-who-married-the-sprog’s computer working!
I seem to remember that Phurnacite dropping from a grain hatch into a wheelbarrow made quite a noise at four in the morning!