Christmas Working

kjw21:
When I used to live near the hollies I used to drive past on way to my parents on Christmas Day and guaranteed there would be at least a couple of Irish and a few Eastern European trucks sat there.

Worked Christmas in the past in a former career but I really don’t think I could now unless it was really really big money.

I feel quite gutted for the guys you see parked up on xmas eve and xmas day.

I know, I feel bad enough running in on a Saturday morning so god knows what its like being stuck in the cab in the arse end of no where on Christmas Day.

Id be more than happy to work all of Christmas, gives me an excuse to avoid it lol!

Trucker-Lass22:
Id be more than happy to work all of Christmas, gives me an excuse to avoid it lol!

Agree never liked christmas worked many just another day to me

Will be on my own this year so wont even bother with it

Offered to work once in a warehouse doing security on xmas day/boxing day.
Xmas morning i went to the toilet and on the way out walked straight into the door and split my head open blood gushing everywhere.laid on the floor in a cold sweat trying not to pass out when i heard the reception front door bell ring and i managed to drag myself out to the door and there was one of the big bosses there and his wife they had come to wish me a merry xmas.their faces were a picture as he used his key to open up and she rushed to get towels and phone the ambulance.
Had a load of stitches put in but was back there on boxing day to do my shift.

Farmer in a previous life, so having a Christmas day off will be a novelty, we’ve got a smallholding now so still got livestock to look after :unamused: :laughing: .

Plan to hang up my keys once the run I’m on finishes at Xmas (in spite of the agency’s best effort to persuade me otherwise), then semi-retire and swap houses with my son in June, so maybe next year I’ll have a totally work free christmas…yeah right :unamused:

Rungis market in Paris is open on christmas night
so I used to have christmas in Paris , tipping about
6 trailors and trying to look sober .

Did it for 3 yrs on the trot and would do it again
tomorrow if I still had my license . Money was
quite good as well and sure for the new year off
with a couple of days after to get over festivities.

quirky

I’ve only got Xmas day and Boxing Day off this year.

am working both as am a greedy [zb]

My planned shifts currently mean that I will be working the Saturday before and during the period, christmas eve (potentially running into early hours Christmas day) off christmas and boxing day, off new years eve but back in new years day. That’s the loose plan anyway.

I’m leaving my current job on 17th December and not starting new one until 7th January, so a nice few weeks off for me.
I’ve had to work Xmas and new year for the past 4 years so I think it’s well deserved.