Christmas trees

Won’t be long now before the Christmas trees start to be on the shelves, I just wondered if anybody else as had the pleasure of delivering them, it’s ok until you have to handball them all off but it’s not a bad job and every body seems to want to help but the only thing is when Christmas comes i’ve had enough of them

Haha the Xmas Coke truck advert already on TV and just wait till Noddy Holder screams 'It’s Chrismas!'at you over radio - THEN it’s Xmas

I got asked if I wanted that job from an agency. When I asked if it was handball, would I get a drivers mate to help me (I’m a scrawy short person) she said no. Sod struggling to get those horrible things off the wagon by myself.

Used to sell about 200(oh BIG numbers) :laughing: from the builders merchants. I never minded delivering them it always made me feel a bit more Christmas-y. And I am well renowned Grinch!

The bit I hated doing was, when people came to pick the poxy things out. They always wanted them un-netted and shaken out to check the shape and girth. Then re-[zb]-netted to be put in their car.

NEWSFLASH if you want and perfectly sculpted, trimmed, Kiera Knightly Khristmas tree, then go buy it from a proper farm and spend a bazillion pounds on it. Or take my slightly portly, dome assed tree for £20 and trim it yourself!

It would have saved me giving 200 people a year the ■■■■■■■ at Christmas time.

I have now written the word Christmas so much before December I will have to go and flagellate myself as punishment!

Colingl - I did not try to doctor a word to get it past censor. I did not re-spell a word to get it past the censor.

I was fully expecting it to be ■■■■ out.

I fear your censor needs updating :laughing:

:unamused: It’s November and already Christmas 24 is on the telly ffs cant places leave Christmas where it belongs in December.

You know the Easter eggs will be on the shelves in December :unamused: and they call me Humbug I wonder why roll on June

Used to do them in the early 90,s…good enough wee number. Loaded just outside creetown Dumfrieshire…loaded on to a stepframe tilt with the cover removed…it waslike a big hairy trailer going down the road :smiley: always a squad of boys to load you at creetown & same at the other end(garden centre’s on the south coast)…the fastest Christmas tree’s in the west :laughing: :laughing:

A lot of years ago I picked up a trailer full of Xmas trees at Chatham docks. The customs decided to search it. They had to take them all out and then put them back in, they must have had pine needles everywhere :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably the only time I wasn’t bothered being held up by HMCE haaaaaaa

Lonewolf Yorks:
A lot of years ago I picked up a trailer full of Xmas trees at Chatham docks. The customs decided to search it. They had to take them all out and then put them back in, they must have had pine needles everywhere :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably the only time I wasn’t bothered being held up by HMCE haaaaaaa

That I would of loved to have seen :laughing: :smiling_imp: make them sweat for there money… The job I was doing must of paid well…boss was running me back empty for a quick reload

On Tuesday I saw a house with all the Xmas lights lit up in Wigan. Do they run on a different calendar.

Well in our local Tesco they already have the tree up and having been to France on the booze/■■■ run they were putting the decorations up on the Spirit of Britain ferry… :open_mouth:

I delivered a load to the range at bristol in august and cracker’s the next day to Northampton ok they were plastic :imp:

samsgrandad:
I delivered a load to the range at bristol in august and cracker’s the next day to Northampton ok they were plastic :imp:

Glad to hear it haven’t delivered yet but won’t be long now

Putting my trees up on Tuesday.

Well driving to Elveden Forest and collecting 4x 25 footers for Brentwood council, then drive back and install them at the town hall, cathedral, high st, and railway station.

This will be the third year I’ve done it, probably the best job of the year, spaces are coned off ready for me to pull up and there is a gang of council bods to organise everything, all I have to do is drop them in the holes with the crane.

Most of my work causes me to be in someone’s way as you are holding them up or unloading where you shouldn’t really. But people always seem to enjoy the sight of the trees arriving, a little bit of joy being brought to the people.

If I was unloading anything else they’d moan I was in the way but having to walk a few extra feet around a cordoned off area for a Christmas tree is ok.

LASHHGV:
On Tuesday I saw a house with all the Xmas lights lit up in Wigan. Do they run on a different calendar.

I think its always the same all over Britain,the lower echelons of society put up the tack early,and take it down late… the more normal areas,tend to put them up at a reasonable time,thats what ive always noticed all over Britain.

dieseldog999:

LASHHGV:

I think its always the same all over Britain,the lower echelons of society put up the tack early,and take it down late… the more normal areas,tend to put them up at a reasonable time,thats what ive always noticed all over Britain.

You can’t beat a bit of Christmas cheer

Smooth radio is already playing Christmas records. Bah humbug!

Loaded my first load of the season last week for the UK, was told the unseasonal warm weather isn’t good for cutting them as they don’t last as long. Just as an aside, is anyone else on here involved in tipping and loading DSV p-trailers on the UK side?