Christmas present

Does your employer/agency give you a Christmas present; bottle of scotch, box of chocs, six-pack etc or just a chunky cash bonus?
…Chistmas card
… kiss under the mistletoe
…Christmas party

Christmas party & $300 bonus.

How much is that in sterling ? At least you get a party!

Go karting. Meal. Party. Full day, last Friday before Christmas.

Work hard play hard!

Absolutely. Christmas Eve we usually get 5 drops to do instead of the usual 8. Bah humbug.

was going to say at asda they often let you sweep the yard on xmas eve as a break from driving.

never had a xmas bonus in my life so not holiding my breath this year. :cry:

A couple of cans of naff lager… and £500.

the “clients” depending what level they are in their company (read how much work they can allocate) get either a hamper or a free slap up meal and a free bar at a rather fancy local hotel . the drivers don’t even get a Christmas card pinned to the notice board to share. oh and to add insult one of the lads in the warehouse gets the honour of delivering the hampers . :frowning:

At Tilcon we got an annual Safe Driving award presented at Christmas, however if you had a bump (even if you were not to blame) part of it was deducted. From memory (1980’s) it was around the £25 mark for a years safe driving, the most I ever got was £20.

My last employer usually gave me and the missus a hamper at Christmas which was very welcome, alas he also gave me my P45 one Christmas which effectively ended my driving career, though I didn’t know it at the time. :slight_smile:

Pete.

I buy a box of chocolates for my favourite customer too. Does help it’s a garden centre ran by 3 nice ladies!

a thank you for the hard work would do me fine but we won’t even get that :unamused:

A generic printed Xmas card and a £1 scratch card…same for last 6 years!

got an email yesterday offering “mince pie pop in day”

Drivers,

We are having a mince pie pop in day’s running both 22nd and 23rd December so please drop in to see us, have a chat and enjoy a Mince pie.

opening times for drop in days are:

mon 22nd 09:00-16:00

Tues 23rd 09:00-16:00

we will have mince pie’s, cake’s and a warm drink waiting for you.
This is a great chance to get to have a chat with us give us some feedback or even register with us is you are not yet part of the Milestone community.
We look forward to seeing you.

Regards

Charlotte
North East Recruiter

To which I responded to her email

Charlotte

I hate to seem cynical and see lots of pies go to waste.

But most of us will be out in the road running around like headless idiots dodging idiots on the roads doing their “last minute xmas shopping” or imprisoned in some soulless RDC waiting room for hours on end during the given times (Mon/Tues) the pies are on offer, so I doubt many of us will be able to indulge in your generous offering.
So might I suggest you bring the delicious mince pies over to the gatehouse & setup a table from about 3-4 am, with a large thermos of coffee and the mince pies.
This should generate a greater up take of your offer & ensure you get to meet everyone, as drivers arrive for their shift start times.

PS bring your thermals, it probably gets cold that early in the morning

my running bud an myself give the weighbridge lady and the loader driver doughnuts and coffee every month…since the quarries shut from late. november.cough cough…no bribery intended :smiley: :unamused:

windrush:
At Tilcon we got an annual Safe Driving award presented at Christmas, however if you had a bump (even if you were not to blame) part of it was deducted. From memory (1980’s) it was around the £25 mark for a years safe driving, the most I ever got was £20.

My last employer usually gave me and the missus a hamper at Christmas which was very welcome, alas he also gave me my P45 one Christmas which effectively ended my driving career, though I didn’t know it at the time. :slight_smile:
Pete.

Now that is a bonus to be grateful for :smiley:

stuff Christmas, as the maoster said,BAH HUMBUG,if I could work Christmas day where I am, I would

what’s a Christmas present from an employer?

we get f.all…just 3 days off including NYs day,but got to work 3 saturdays (at o/t rate) to compensate

war1974:
was going to say at asda they often let you sweep the yard on xmas eve as a break from driving.

never had a xmas bonus in my life so not holiding my breath this year. :cry:

Dont say that m8, george@asda will be along shortly to say just how brill asda are for letting you do the sweeping and what a well paid job it is :unamused:

I’m yet to find out at my new job, but my last one we got £40 and a box of beers.