Christmas decorations

Just wandering who decorates the lorry at this time of year. Iv only seen a couple of trucks wiv a bit of tinsel or mini tree so far. Anyone do it ?

If I had my own truck and I was a tramper I would. But I’m not so I don’t.

I’m a big fan of Christmas. For me it was a very happy time as a child. And I think it would improve the image of hgv drivers if they made a bit of effort. Makes it personal and shows that’s its a person behind the big truck. My family were relatively religious so it was a bigger deal than birthdays. Still is to me.

A bit of Christmas spirit is a good thing. If anyone finds themselves in a cab in hampshire over xmas let me know and I’ll sort you out with some decent food and a bit of company. Can’t think of anything worst than being alone at Xmas.

I used to decorate the truck at Christmas but it was just for my little girl who used to come with me in the Christmas hols, she used to like adding to it.
Tinsel, lights little tree the works, with Christmas songs on the then cassette player. :blush: :smiley:
I remember the Stop/Go sign man at roadworks in Scotland shouting at her ‘‘Your Daddy’s motor has more decorations than my hoose’’ one day :smiley: .
Don’t bother these days tbh.

Christmas is cancelled due to increased operational requirements

I wear a red Santa hat about as far as it goes
Don’t know if it’s me
but this year have noticed doesn’t seem to be as many houses /factories decorated lit up . Used see lots few years ago don’t seem see any these days

I’ve found some £1.50 usb fairy lights in Asda , that are going in my dash :grimacing:

I’ve got tinsel on the dash’ coincidentally colour matched to the truck, and a mix of fairy lights lighting up my Oxfordshire flag.

One of Wilkos Scania’s has been ‘done out’ with half a mile of flashing fairy lights…cab full of that would push me over the edge!

I cant even have the radio on at this time of year because of crap christmas songs, let alone driving around with twinkling lights and glitter!
yep, bloody hate christmas!

I wonder if you put too many in, would police consider it a distraction whilst driving? Not sure i could cope with lots of flashing lights personally, plus tend to get enough off the dash of the DAF (usually yellow, occasionally red).

Thank you Twoninety88 - glad we’re not the only one! :smiley:
(born the same year as you started looking through the windscreen…must be something about that year)

Twoninety88:
I cant even have the radio on at this time of year because of crap christmas songs, let alone driving around with twinkling lights and glitter!

man after my own heart…rather sit in silence than listen to the crap songs on the radio. Then all the people who wish you a happy Christmas, I just want to punch them on the nose. I hate Christmas!!

Twoninety88:

Christmas songs on the radio?
Wrong station mate, tune into BBC R4… you can listen to world events and be a miserable bugger all year round, just like me!

I used to have a tiny christmas tree with fairy lights. I’d stick it to the middle of my windscreen with the supplied suckers for that job. It was pretty well hidden from me by the curve of my dashboard. But I got reflections off my side windows, usually right where you’re trying to look through to see your mirrors. The reflections were too annoying for me so I binned it.
The reflections weren’t really a problem on motorways and duals, but a real annoyance, for me, on smaller roads, roundabouts, junctions, reversing etc.

trevHCS:
I wonder if you put too many in, would police consider it a distraction whilst driving?

Shhhh !..don’t give the b.stads anymore idea opportunities to screw over the trucker cash cows, they can think up plenty of their own as it is.

Brighter the Xmas lights then less chance of the smart phone plastered to yer ear being seen …

Dont worry, they’ll need a course from Nina to decide what is and isn’t considered a risk to public health. Speaking of which, we could write a risk assessment for said lights and the operations of said eithin the confines of a moving vehicle, then present that if ever stopped.

Seems that’s what they’ve reduced policing to these days (I suspect to the dismay of the longer timers).

I don’t do my lorry,but here my car

tree.jpg

sammym:

I’m a big fan of Christmas. For me it was a very happy time as a child. And I think it would improve the image of hgv drivers if they made a bit of effort. Makes it personal and shows that’s its a person behind the big truck. My family were relatively religious so it was a bigger deal than birthdays. Still is to me.

A bit of Christmas spirit is a good thing. If anyone finds themselves in a cab in hampshire over xmas let me know and I’ll sort you out with some decent food and a bit of company. Can’t think of anything worst than being alone at Xmas.

How far is it from Park Royal to Hampshire■■? :smiley:
Nah, just kiddin’ mate. Too much work on and, according to some on here, if we were in the same place at the same time? The world would explode :smiley:

I like Christmas as a time to get together, with the whole family, in one place. Had some memorable ones at Davids (sisters partner) house in Kilburn, big old Victorian detached house, still got all original features. A massive dining room, a table that seats 12 easily, huge rooms, and 7 bedrooms. My sister organises it all, getting people from all over the country arriving on the same day ish, decorations, massive trees, food and drink.
Trouble is, I used to feel a bit out of it. I mean, there were Lawyers, Law firm Partners, Heads of Department, drugs company executives, Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Accountants, Senior Airline Pilot, T.V actors, even a Q.C. drops in for drinks every year. And me, a little old guitar player from Spain :smiley:

Am working Xmas Eve then the day after Boxing day, staying in Neasden this year so I can give work my full attention :unamused:
Decorations? No. I might wear a red santa bobble hat at work, but that’s about it :slight_smile:

steviespain:

sammym:

How far is it from Park Royal to Hampshire■■? :smiley:
Nah, just kiddin’ mate. Too much work on and, according to some on here, if we were in the same place at the same time? The world would explode :smiley:

I like Christmas as a time to get together, with the whole family, in one place. Had some memorable ones at Davids (sisters partner) house in Kilburn, big old Victorian detached house, still got all original features. A massive dining room, a table that seats 12 easily, huge rooms, and 7 bedrooms. My sister organises it all, getting people from all over the country arriving on the same day ish, decorations, massive trees, food and drink.
Trouble is, I used to feel a bit out of it. I mean, there were Lawyers, Law firm Partners, Heads of Department, drugs company executives, Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Accountants, Senior Airline Pilot, T.V actors, even a Q.C. drops in for drinks every year. And me, a little old guitar player from Spain :smiley:

Am working Xmas Eve then the day after Boxing day, staying in Neasden this year so I can give work my full attention :unamused:
Decorations? No. I might wear a red santa bobble hat at work, but that’s about it :slight_smile:

I feel that pain mate. I fly out on January 1st.

I have today as a rest day. Then 6 nights work. Will be finishing early morning xmas eve. Then drive to Hampshire. Then I have xmas eve night and xmas night off - back in on boxing day night. Before working 5. Last shift will be 30th - but being a night I’ll be finishing early on 31st. Then driving back down South. Before getting a flight very early in the morning on the 1st. Makes me feel tired just thinking about it.

On the plus side - I can then forget about anything to do with work for 4 months. And I heard from solicitors today about my accident - they want me to go for a medical appointment. So I might get a little bonus whilst I’m away in the form of a pay out. How I’m meant to find the time to get to this appointment before I go away is another matter. But I find it a lot easier to crack on knowing that in 2 weeks exactly it’s all over for me and I’ll be having a beer, watching tv and waiting to go away.

Anybody want to share their pics of their decs ?