Christmas bonus anybody

The place I just left we didnt even get a Merry Xmas from our gaffer, the company makes millions but us workers were just a number.

Place I have just started at dish out abit of money, mixed case of wine/spirits/beer, diary, discount card and a free on site bar at Xmas where the MD dishes out some awards for good service and some ■■■■ takes, then theres a free raffle,
I doubt I will be getting owt as ive only just started, If i do I will dish it out between the lads.
They have the Xmas doo in the summer as this time of year its too busy to shut down the brewery.

our firm took us all out, drivers and office staff for a slap up meal.
they payed for our cabs there and back, and drink was free all night long, was a nice touch, and a good night :sunglasses:

clarkyboy:
all our office staff,planners,etc get a slap up meal at a 5 star hotel…the drivers get a xmas card signed off the boss and his wife. :open_mouth:

It’s the thought that counts… :laughing:

DAF95XF:
Yep, going to the Oxford dogs place in the middle of January, everything paid for by the boss - even the transport there, well it is a coach company after all :laughing: :laughing:

It’s dirt cheap then…they’ve done our Xmas do’s there in January once or twice…I used to find it funny when the boss rang to say; “the firms going to the dogs” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We got beers last year, and bonus money for our efforts in the snow, so hopefully we’ll get that again

no bonus for us, however were only a small outfit of 5,
the boss paid for a dinner dance on friday night in a posh hotel for us and our wives
with another firm, and he gave us a free bar and not to bother coming to
the yard till 8am monday. at the end of the night
i saw his bar bill £1500 :grimacing:

No christmas bonus,but we’ve just agreed this years payrise at 2% so we’ve getting our payrise backdated to 1st october so im due about £192 in backpay (hopefully :slight_smile: )

I give my drivers £100 to do what they like with, think that’s better than having a party/meal but that may just be me.

I got a nice card off boss today.£100 cash…Cheers gaffer. :smiley:

robroy:
Do you work for a firm who show their appreciation at Christmas for all your hard work, an organised party maybe or a cash bonus, or even a hamper and a drink

No.

£500 after tax last year. Been the same for 30 years.

We got a xmas card signed by the TMs (4) had to be shared with 100 drivers tho!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think most drivers would only want a ‘Thank you’ for the hard work put in. You can shove the dinner, the ■■■■ up, the trip to the dogs and any other Tax dodge they can think of.

i only been with this firm since september so am yet to see what i get off em but i went in the weighbridge office on friday in one of the tips we use and they ask me if i drink whiskey or vodka and gave me a bottle of bells and wished me a merry xmas and who says xmas spirit is dead eh :smiley:

My work gives us a hamper, which is pretty big with some good stuff in it. I helped bring them all in which took forever.
You also get £5 when you go to the works xmas party to go towards drinks or whatever.
The xmas party was just a night of fake laughter and people being fake to show to their other half that they are liked at work. Food wasnt that nice either, and no nice woman about to look at :unamused:

Got a 4 course meal and free bar for christmas/harvest supper this year! The harvest supper theme is due to us been in bulk grain haulage if you were wondering! All 12 drivers and partners invited and very much appreciated. Wouldn’t mind just a case of beer each or summat at christmas, as they say it’s the thought that counts!

my gaffer aint bad we got £50 bonus and normally a fresh turkey each and some wine or beer and a xmas card and he trys to get us done for dinner on xmas eve delays permitting.

zb all

Every year we have £100 extra in our weeks wages and we’re taken out for a slap up meal and drinks the weekend before Christmas.

And most importantly,it’s given with sincerety.
Everybody gets a thank you which is nice.

Chewyboy:
i only been with this firm since september so am yet to see what i get off em but i went in the weighbridge office on friday in one of the tips we use and they ask me if i drink whiskey or vodka and gave me a bottle of bells and wished me a merry xmas and who says xmas spirit is dead eh :smiley:

Weighbridge ops do well as do shovel drivers…I regularly got whiskey,beer,cash as xmas tips. Bridge ops usually get them as thanks for charging for say 10 ton (which the customer wants) when they’ve actually got 10.2ton. Also, the bridge man also gives the ods’ a heads up on upcoming jobs or finds them a load on the way home.

Silver_Surfer:
I give my drivers £100 to do what they like with, think that’s better than having a party/meal but that may just be me.

I like that idea SS, if only every firm appreciated their staff this way :smiley: