Chris Hayter - Skelmersdale

Hi, got an interview here tomorrow, just wondering what anyone knows about them, ive heard the pay is good and the fleet is old but anyonegot an experience or horror stories to share thv

Their head office is about a mile from me. Not all lorries are old (they do maintain them well though), they buy wagons about 2 or 3 years old, mainly FH artics and a mix of various rigid makes. The rumour is they remove the air con units of wagons they buy to save fuel, no idea if it’s true.
Search for Chris Hayter on Twitter. Not their official page but a not very cheerful Skem driver… :unamused:

Limiters seem to be set at 50 mph. :frowning:

mds141:

What’s up with that? I thought they were paid hourly?

mobile.twitter.com/chrishaytergrin
The link to the happy Skem driver. I’d guess he saves a fortune on Christmas cards. :laughing:

Plugster:
Hi, got an interview here tomorrow, just wondering what anyone knows about them, ive heard the pay is good and the fleet is old but anyonegot an experience or horror stories to share thv

So how did it go? I’ve heard good things about Chris Hayter recently and renembered this thread.

the works hard mate, lots of driving and a bit of handball but the moneys there to be had, depends on what you want from a job, if its a nice easy day opening the curtains its not for you, but if ya willing to keep ya head down and do the graft the rewards are there to be had, old tackle but looked after

I rang the Witney office after seeing an advert for Class 2. The HR bird I spoke to seemed uninterested and rude. Alarm bells rang telling me not to bother, even though I was asked to send in a CV.TBH I’m hoping to get something with no manual handling and no nights out-lazy? Yes. :wink:

Looking back he’s been posting tweets like that for the last 2 years? Why doesn’t he just change jobs? :open_mouth:

Cotswoldcrunch:

mds141:

What’s up with that? I thought they were paid hourly?

^This. Who cares what the limiters set at if your hourly paid? Set it at 45 for all I care.

Hi plugster… I know this is an old thread… But im trying to find info about chris hayter… Class 2 work. Did you get the job?

what do you want to know sausage■■?

Do agency for them now and them, tackle is a bit on the old side, everyone seems friendly enough, get the job, and ring when your tipped, phone is never constantly ringing. Drivers have the odd moan, but thats what drivers do. Does not have trailer numbers all his trailers have names, I think after Navy ships in WW2, someone might correct me tho. My last one was Bermuda!!!

your not one of those ones that keeps trying to prise the locks on the bunk lockers and picking ya nose and wiping on the seats are ye :slight_smile:

I seem to be getting good vibe from people and stuff i read… Im just sick to teeth if my job… 15-20 drops nothing is ever planned. jobs not booked in etc… Or no one tells you its a handball… And to say the least traffic planners are crap. . i end up altering my run to suiet me… But then that can be had with tail lift jobs and pallet collections… Often find my self moving pallets with pump truck or getting a forkie… But pallets can often be stacked rather than reduce workload, Job is made harder than it actualy needs to be… Not only that often given extra jobs if empty… I also have to scan pallets off and on with a pda pain in the arse… Im not frighend of graft or long hours, just sick of the stress. Feel tht cht is a differnt ball game n sounds a much pleasnt job to do :smiley: . We have lost 10 drivers out of 42 since jan If that gives you an idea what its like lol
When i say lost… I mean replaced by agency. If you get me :wink:

Thread bump here to save a new thread, anyone working for them now or recently?
Doing a bit of job hunting…