Chris Harriots Seddon Atkinson

kickstart:
I don’t know if he ever worked in Glastonbury, when I said he was working as at a bike dealers it was Morse’s in Weston-super-Mare where he was living at the time. As I said, this was some time ago and I haven’t seen him around W-s-M for some time now. Now I have had time to think about it, the last time i saw him at the wheel of a truck it was in “Canute”. livery.

Is this the same guy in ‘Kings of the Rigs’ film?. Just watched it and was wondering when it was filmed. Any idea?

Big Rich:
Not any particular reason for asking but does anyone know what happened to Chris Harriots Sedddon Atki Strato ‘Blue Fantasy’. I saw it a couple of years ago but it had lost its murals.

In fact does anyone know what happened to any of the custom trucks from the nineties (Pete Osbornes F16, John Phillips Scania, etc) I used to sit in my room and look at the posters, I wonder how many still are on the road.

Rich

pete osbournes f16 is parked in a warehouse in bradford they changed the interior to red and white leather they taken off the straigth throw pipes off put a standard round volvo silancer with fancy side pipes and they taken the stainless back end off its just collecting dust now for past 9 year am glad its in doors and safe

Yeah had a pond in his living room!!!

Found this…

Hiya…didn’t Chris go to the trouble of fitting a new cab on that Strato. he couldn’t get a SedAk cab so modified a DAF 95.
if i remember it turned out to be more of a job than first thought. i’am certain i read that in a mag somewhere.
John

3300John:
Hiya…didn’t Chris go to the trouble of fitting a new cab on that Strato. he couldn’t get a SedAk cab so modified a DAF 95.
if i remember it turned out to be more of a job than first thought. i’am certain i read that in a mag somewhere.
John

That was the chap from Stoke on Trent who put a DAF 95 Super Space Cab on his Strato. It went up to Scotland, still with the 007 paintwork and was for sale on eBay not long ago.

marky:

3300John:
John

That was the chap from Stoke on Trent who put a DAF 95 Super Space Cab on his Strato. It went up to Scotland, still with the 007 paintwork and was for sale on eBay not long ago.

Hiya thanks Marky thanks for the info…yes i’am from the stoke and didn’t know that.
I do know of a Strato that’s rotting away owned buy a chap from Stoke but he’ll not sell maybe its him who owned that one.
John

can any one remember that program think it was on ITV about chris and kay she had a pink 142 can any one remember the name of the program been trying to search for it they was a couple more hauliers on the tv show always remember that chris wife found out the truck stop they stayed and partied at was only 30 mins from his house bet the poop hit the fan when he got home

Me.Paul.101:

kickstart:
I don’t know if he ever worked in Glastonbury, when I said he was working as at a bike dealers it was Morse’s in Weston-super-Mare where he was living at the time. As I said, this was some time ago and I haven’t seen him around W-s-M for some time now. Now I have had time to think about it, the last time i saw him at the wheel of a truck it was in “Canute”. livery.

Is this the same guy in ‘Kings of the Rigs’ film?. Just watched it and was wondering when it was filmed. Any idea?

paul were did you watch that its not on youtube thanks

3300John:

marky:

3300John:
John

Hiya thanks Marky thanks for the info…yes i’am from the stoke and didn’t know that.
I do know of a Strato that’s rotting away owned buy a chap from Stoke but he’ll not sell maybe its him who owned that one.
John

that’ll be martin bennett used have the 007 strato cruiser & used to be a subbie for barry proctor, used to see it quite regular & it sounded fantastic.

hey john, how you doin mate.

cheers
gaz

Got a copy off e-bay. I would put a link to it but I’m not sure if that’s allowed, but if you type this number into e-bay you will see it…160928987905. He got a few films on offer. Hope this helps…I’d like to know if I can put links to auction sites. If any moderators could let me know please…Cheers

I heard that Chris Harriot runs a motorcycle shop or garage and gave up the trucks. Any info?

Alan Stephenson bought that Seddon Atkinson when he was an Owner Driver,it was rolled on the A69 and rebuilt but painted blue without the murals.Not sure what happened to it after that Alan packed up and Started tramping for Elddis,he’s still there,Wingnut off here might be able to help with more details as he used to work for Alan.

This is from a while ago…viewtopic.php?f=2&t=563

3300John wrote:
marky wrote:
3300John wrote:
John

John

that’ll be martin bennett used have the 007 strato cruiser & used to be a subbie for barry proctor, used to see it quite regular & it sounded fantastic.

hey john, how you doin mate.

cheers
gaz
Re: Re:
Post by bradfordlad9999 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Me.Paul.101 wrote:
kickstart wrote:

paul were did you watch that its not on youtube thanks
Re: Chris Harriots Seddon Atkinson
Post by bradfordlad9999 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm

can any one remember that program think it was on ITV about chris and kay she had a pink 142 can any one remember the name of the program been trying to search for it they was a couple more hauliers on the tv show always remember that chris wife found out the truck stop they stayed and partied at was only 30 mins from his house bet the poop hit the fan when he got home
Re: Chris Harriots Seddon Atkinson
Post by 3300John » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

marky wrote:
3300John wrote:
John

John

I know this is a old tread but just to clear things up The Ex Martin Bennett Strato at the moment is in our workshop near Keighley, West Yorkshire, it is having some refurbishment work done to bring it back up to scratch, the current owner is planning to show it once complete.

Here are some pics of the ‘Supercruiser’: the only Super-space Strato Mk1 in the universe! Robert :slight_smile:

big_a.jpg

Taken at Longton Coach Craft Leyland

that’s not wheeltapper ex morocco is it

K910 AVT was actually part of a batch of 10 stratos that were originally supplied new to GBE fast freight (Bournemouth)…

Wouldn`t mind finding this one again posted before No2 of a limited addition of 11

K47 RCU