Chris evans radio 2 what do u think

after takeing over from god ( terry wogan ) on radio 2 breakfast show, listening figures appear to have plumeted, the bbc said that this was due to terry,s togs finding different radio stations to listen to due to one listener of 40 years likening chris evans to " a crying child " for two and a half hours on a morning , evans , who infamousley failed to turn up to broadcast a breakfast time show 15 years ago, due to an argument with a producer took over from another radio legend jonny walker on drive time a while back, now the bbc have seen fit to give him the breakfast show again, ce la vie.!!! chris moylses show at the same time on radio one has listening figures going through the roof, its got that bad ,that when im away early i look forward to hearing sahara kennedy, oh dear,

Anybody who looks forward to Sarah Kennedy wants shooting…

That women must be the cause of most early accidents by sending us to sleep with her endless plum in gob droning about her ■■■■■, much beloved, wildlife and the run down shack she lives in…

Put Lynn Bowles in her slot.
Bring back Wogan till he dies
Ken Bruce is OK if just for Popmaster
Steve Wright is getting boring now

Chris Evans and Jeramy Vine should be broadcasting from a tiny Island in the South Atlantic on a VERY low power transmitter…

I’m sorry but even the south Atlantic is too close for Jeremy Whine. Neptune would be better. I’m a bit lost in the mornings now, Evans is not fit to polish Wogans microphone so it’s usually Radio 5 for me. I do like Ken Bruce tho.

I think taking over from Wogan was a bit of a poisoned chalice and Chris Evans should not have taken the job and will rue the decision, whoever they got to take over would have been slated and had reduced listener figures as they aren’t Wogan. I wasn’t that keen on Wogan anyway, i’m only 33 though so this might have something to do with it. Terry had enough of getting up at 4am in the morning. Chris was doing well on drivetime and isn’t too bad, not that I listen to the radio that much, i’ve usually got my ipod on. Can’t stand Chris Moyles though, lairy, shouty bloke in the pub who thinks he’s the daddy.

Coddy:
Anybody who looks forward to Sarah Kennedy wants shooting…

That women must be the cause of most early accidents by sending us to sleep with her endless plum in gob droning about her ■■■■■, much beloved, wildlife and the run down shack she lives in…

Put Lynn Bowles in her slot.
Bring back Wogan till he dies
Ken Bruce is OK if just for Popmaster
Steve Wright is getting boring now

Chris Evans and Jeramy Vine should be broadcasting from a tiny Island in the South Atlantic on a VERY low power transmitter…

100% behind you with all of that Coddy and starting at 5 am each morning I’ve lost the best hour of radio from Alex Lester to that whining SK, not that impressed with Chris Evans so now the radio stays off but I’m rapidly running out of cd’s to listen to :imp: :imp:

Used to quite like Wogan, but didn’t see what all the fuss was about…but then i suppose i have only just turned 40…maybe if i was nearer 60 i would have appreciated him more?

Used to hate Evans with a passion…but he won me over with his drivetime slot, and so far, i am enjoying his breakfast shows.
Well worth the listen even if only for hearing Moira Stewart’s groin jiggling giggles!

DonutUK:
Used to quite like Wogan, but didn’t see what all the fuss was about…but then i suppose i have only just turned 40…maybe if i was nearer 60 i would have appreciated him more?

Used to hate Evans with a passion…but he won me over with his drivetime slot, and so far, i am enjoying his breakfast shows.
Well worth the listen even if only for hearing Moira Stewart’s groin jiggling giggles!

I’m 53 and also hated Evans with enormous passion, he equally won me over with his rapier quick wit and a very easy to listen to radio show. 15 or so years ago I didn’t think much of Wogan but as I’ve grown older I must say that Sir Terry has grown on me with his slower, but very inteligent sense of humour and fantasticly profesional delivery. (hope he got his POD signed :sunglasses: )

Give Evans a chance.

Ross.

i now cant stand the daytime lineup on radio 2 apart from ken bruce, why is sarah kennedy still there as all she goes on about is cats, evans is just full of hot air thinking he can beat moyles on radio 1, jeremy i hate trucks vine is a waste of space, steve wright is past his sell by date, simon mayo would have been better staying at radio 5 cos he aint gonna be doing drivetime long

Personally i think Chris Evans is great. Just red his book about his life and its a brillint read and i would recommend it… Fair play to him, he came from a working class famly in Warrington and everything he has he done it him self… Fairplay i say… Well done to anyone who makes it without the silversponn, he is a hard worker and he deserves everything he has worked for. Hes also had alot of falls but always got back on the horse…

wizardofoz:
‘… Chris Evans is great … everything he has he done it him self …’

Rot.

His mum bought him his first car, which suggests a spoiled brat with a personal insecurity issue.

That concludes my conclusion.

It seems that Chris Evans has surpassed El Tels figures on the breakfast show. :stuck_out_tongue:

Evans’ show attracted an average of 9.53million listeners a week in the first quarter of this year, compared with 8.1million for Sir Terry in the final quarter of 2009.

The figures will come as a relief to both Evans, for whom the show has marked a return to the most highly scrutinised slot in radio, and to BBC radio executives, who had feared that Sir Terry’s departure could cause Radio 2’s breakfast ratings to plummet.

I’d also just read that today, Mal.

I find Chris Evans much much better than ‘Sleepy ol Tel.’

get rid of sarah kennedy and put richard allinson in her place :grimacing: he does a good show early on a saturday morning.

Cruise Control:
get rid of sarah kennedy and put richard allinson in her place :grimacing: he does a good show early on a saturday morning.

If anyone from the BBC is reading this, just to placate me, let me have more 3 or 4 hour Trevor Nelson shows, Paul Jones Jazz & Blues and Mark Lamarr with the Reggae slots and his Shake rattle & Roll.

One of the best late night programmes I heard recently was Johnnie Walker talking to Neil Sedaka.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Sedaka

Chris Evans has spent a staggering £12 million on a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO at a private treaty sale.

The huge sum doesn’t top the record £15.7m paid for a 250 GTO in 2008 by a UK businessman, though.

The 250 GTO is considered to be the world’s most coveted car by many. Only 36 of the V12-powered sports cars were ever produced between 1962 and 1964.

Evans is currently celebrating, having attracted an extra million visitors to BBC Radio 2 after he took over the coveted breakfast slot from veteran broadcaster Terry Wogan in January.

The £12m price tag dwarfs the £5m that Evans paid in 2008 for his prized Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder. He also owns a Ferrari Enzo and a California.

Evans has grown on me again, I didn’t think the early slot was right for him. I wasn’t keen on any of the changes initially but the only one that still sticks in my craw is getting rid of Jimmy Young and his cast of regulars. Jezza ain’t fit to wear Jimmy’s slippers! The format is crap too!

44 Tonne Ton:
Evans has grown on me again, I didn’t think the early slot was right for him. I wasn’t keen on any of the changes initially but the only one that still sticks in my craw is getting rid of Jimmy Young and his cast of regulars. Jezza ain’t fit to wear Jimmy’s slippers! The format is crap too!

We agree with that. Wine Whine Jeremy Vine :stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:
‘… Jezza ain’t fit to wear Jimmy’s slippers! The format is crap …’

Agreed: The simplistic formula of polarising a ‘hot subject’ and smashing them against each other might be his & the BBC’s idea of light entertainment but they perhaps misunderstand their roles.

Since BBC Radio Five Live equally does that formula as irritating whilst BBC Radio Four does it very well, why do we have Whine doing it on Two as well? The rub is compounded since he’s clueless on the music aspect of being a ‘DJ’ because he’s only an irritating hack with a turntable: At least Sir James Young could once sing (although his son never could).

marcustandy:
'…I find Chris Evans much much better than ‘Sleepy ol Tel…’

But Ol’ (Sir) Tel was never a traincrash in waiting.

Mark my licence fee, it’ll end in teardrops & tantrums

Never liked him and never will, and now he’s even pushed Adrian Chiles into the arms of ITV, even though he’s a ‘Baggies’ supporter! As it seems Ginger is now going to bugger up The One Show!
Used to like Russ and Jono on Virgin in the mornings, about the same time Ginger was on R1, Jono used to slag him off rotten, and as soon as Evans did that Virgin deal Jono was the first one out! Now there’s a surprise.
Used to be SK (cringe making radio), Wogan and Ken Bruce alternating with 5 Live and R4 for The Archers! Never forgave R4 for mucking about with the times for The Archers, now catch up with the Sunday omnibus and online.
‘Crazytrucker’