Choice of truck, which to choose?!

Hi all,
I’ve been offered a tramping position with my own truck to basically do what I like with as long as it’s not ridiculous! I’ve been given a choice of which unit I want, the choice is an iveco stralis or a Renault premium! Which would you guys pick? This will be my home for 4/5 nights a week so want to make the right choice!
Thanks

I don’t like iveco’s and the Renault’s are nice, so easy choice for me!

That’s a hard one depends what year

Stralis buddy everytime ,massive inside and go like stink,the cab rolls a bit and the switches are a bit cheap,but all the spaniards and italians love them ,i like um anyway its up to you m8 :wink:

Can you ask to have a nose around them and try them out? Space / Comfort / how they drive / what dashboard toys there are - everyone rates these things differently!

I’d definitely take the Renault, I regularly drive both, and the Premium is a much better drive, beds comfier too!

Work has a Iveco ecostralis 460 14 plate on hire had it 4 days didnt think I would say this but I like it

Comfier than the new euro6 FH and goes like a stabbed rat 57/58 all day only major drawback is no diff lock and seems lighter than an FH but the lift axle steers on the iveco which is a bonus.

Jeff.

Coastlinertoddy:
Hi all,
I’ve been offered a tramping position with my own truck to basically do what I like with as long as it’s not ridiculous! I’ve been given a choice of which unit I want, the choice is an iveco stralis or a Renault premium! Which would you guys pick? This will be my home for 4/5 nights a week so want to make the right choice!
Thanks

Turn the job down!

If you do go for it, I’d be tempted to take the Stralis, they pull really well and are quite roomy inside. Both Renault and Iveco aren’t renowned for their build quality and a Premium is smaller than the Iveco.