Choice of new trucks next year

Ok, been reading on the internet and next spring is when lots of the new trucks are coming out.

Which would you prefer:

New Volvo FH
New DAF XF – looks like interior has stayed the same
Updated MAN TGX
New Iveco
Mercedes Actros

None of them thanks, I’ll rather have a 2 year old Scania but if I had to choose I would say the Actros.

Keep my ERF and have a pay rise thanks

for the bunk alone it would have to be the Daf important to get a decent nights kip

New actros for sure.I have one and it a fantastic truck.

For the bunk alone it would have to be the Daf important to get a decent nights kip

Agreed. I love ‘my’ DAF bunk. It’s more comfortable than the bed at home :smiley:

Ask your boss for a R730 all blinged up :wink:

The bed in the new actros is without doubt, the best bed I have ever slept on in a truck. The ability to adjust the bed for when parking on an incline is a great idea also. I had a 510 for a week on demo and felt like crying when I had to go back to my R480 topline lol.

Heard there is a few reliability issues with the new fh

Are news on an updated scania? Can see them bringing a new one out since everyone else has

Plus the daf is astronic. Not a patch on I shift I’ve heard

dentonkarl:
Heard there is a few reliability issues with the new fh

Are news on an updated scania? Can see them bringing a new one out since everyone else has

Spotted a couple of unusual looking Scanias pulling scania’s own trailers in Denmark last week but only at night otherwise I’d have got a couple of pics.

I’ll take a Merc Bigspace thanks! Never liked DAF’s/Volvo’s/MAN’s or Cargos, sorry, Iveco’s. Think this stems from when ‘my’ company had a fleet of anything & everything in the late 80’s early 90’s…the running gear on the Merc 1213s and 1617s (sleepers) always seemed 1st class compared to some of the others. Steering lock was crap but everything else seemed ok. Then we had some BRS rentals in, 2xDAF 1900 & 2x Merc 1820s. The driving position for me in the DAFs was horrible but the Merc was spot on…armrests and nice comfy seats, with a half decent stereo as well…the half sleeper wasn’t bad either…oh yes, i’ve done nights out, 3/week for 2 and a half years actually, and didn’t have much trouble nodding off! Wonder where that Merc went? I can remember the reg, J905 NAV. Was brand spanky when we got it so I was the first to use it on the roads! We also had J903 NAV. And the last time i did a night out, they had just started the Norwich Bypass!!

DAF for me, Merc Gigaspace a close second.

Like someone else said, i’d rather keep my 08 plate scania.

yep run old one !! look after it as always !! and get a wage rise!! you’ll get a better nights sleep with 5 quid an hour more each week believe me !!