Chobham 35mins free

IndigoJo:
Just emailed Extra to see if this claim has any basis to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drempels:
Is that legal?

Yes I think emails to MSA’s are quite legal. :laughing:

Sorry I was reading down and you seemed to reply to the post above. :wink:

IndigoJo:
I just got an email back from Extra. Here’s what it says:

Thank you for your email. I can confirm, as per our website, the parking is still free for three hours and then we now offer staggered parking charges after that.

So, the magazine quoted by the OP was spreading rumours without any basis in fact.

I read it in this month’s T+D in the library, whilst supping my Gregg’s. So if someone has this month’s they could report, if it’s the services or the A2 Esso.

Motorway services by law need to provide a minimum of 2 hours free parking. I’m sure they’d love to charge but they can’t.

It IS discrimination, bearing in mind that your average trucker is going to want to take a full 45 at a MSA rather than just a crafty 15 on the derv pumps…

WTF are we supposed to do with barely enough time to ■■■■ up the caravan parked next door where it shouldn’t be? :unamused:

Like the DCPC - the MSA have cottoned onto the notion that "English truckers can be taxed, to make up for those who can ignore the fines - who cannot. :frowning:

Righty hoo, just read it again, and it’s the Esso garage on the A2 at Cobham, NOT the Chobham services on M25…

Specsavers booked for weekend

biggriffin:
Righty hoo, just read it again, and it’s the Esso garage on the A2 at Cobham, NOT the Chobham services on M25…

Understandable mistake, they’re both spelt the same, even though you want to spell the one in Surrey with an H,

just saying :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

Understandable mistake, they’re both spelt the same, even though you want to spell the one in Surrey with an H,

At least the one spelt with an H is in Surrey as well.

waddy640:

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

It isn’t though, they’re both spelt the same

pierrot 14:

waddy640:

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

Cobham is 12.3 miles from Chobham and they are both in Surrey, which is the county I was born in.

waddy640:

pierrot 14:

waddy640:

pierrot 14:

Cobham is 12.3 miles from Chobham and they are both in Surrey, which is the county I was born in.

Ah, I understand what you mean now . But I think the OP actually meant the services on the Surrey section of the M25 C…obham (no “H”), not a village off the M3, (well not unless there’s a service area that charges HGV’s for parking that is). Can’t imagine the residents of C…“H”…obham would like that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe Biggriffin could give us a link to the article, or post it on here

It would help if the correct information was given in the first place but at least it helps us improve our geography skills scanning maps to work out where the op was talking about. Local knowledge is always useful.

pierrot 14:

biggriffin:

The one in Surrey is also Cobham. There’s also a village called Chobham in Surrey, about 10 miles to the west outside Woking, but it’s not where the services are.