Chipping

Hello all

I recently bought an Actros MP4 2545 the economy is great I can’t fault at all but the power is shocking! I’ve also got a Scania R450 which pulls way better and both trucks have similar torque! I’m thinking of buying a chip to stick on the Merc from chip express, says it’ll give me 500 bhp from current 450 and more torque and if I’m not happy I can return after 14 day trial. What do you guys think is the best option? It needs more power! The hills are killing me

Id ask someone fom merc first. Incidentally is it uro 5 or 6? Iheard the euro 6 are more powerfull.

Yh I think I’ll try booking it in at merc cause gearbox isn’t that sharp in picking gears it’s like it gets confused and you’re sitting forever at roundabouts cause it decides it’s in the wrong gear and it’s Euro 6

JSingh:
Yh I think I’ll try booking it in at merc cause gearbox isn’t that sharp in picking gears it’s like it gets confused and you’re sitting forever at roundabouts cause it decides it’s in the wrong gear and it’s Euro 6

sounds like an iveco :laughing:

Check the small print in the insurance policy for any modifications or changes to the vehicle may mean it is not insured in an event of a claim .

d4c24a:

JSingh:

Or a Euro6 DAF. .

Drove a 510 euro6. Had lots of power for over40t work couldnt fault yhe gearbox. Dont know what some people expect.

For as long as I’ve been driving a truck, Mercs have had a reputation for being unable to pull you out of bed.

d4c24a:

JSingh:

sounds like an MAN

JSingh:
Hello all

I recently bought an Actros MP4 2545 the economy is great I can’t fault at all but the power is shocking! I’ve also got a Scania R450 which pulls way better and both trucks have similar torque! I’m thinking of buying a chip to stick on the Merc from chip express, says it’ll give me 500 bhp from current 450 and more torque and if I’m not happy I can return after 14 day trial. What do you guys think is the best option? It needs more power! The hills are killing me

Had 1 on demo last yr driver complained it was flat !!! but fuel was good

toby1234abc:
Check the small print in the insurance policy for any modifications or changes to the vehicle may mean it is not insured in an event of a claim .

Not just that Toby, but also maintenance contract (If he has one) would also be ‘up in smoke’…

We had some 450’s on rent when we were busy, they were atrocious on pulling.
We’ve had dads and scania chipped, can’t say we notice much difference on fuel but pulling power is greatly improved.

Scottgfc:
We had some 450’s on rent when we were busy, they were atrocious on pulling.
We’ve had dads and scania chipped, can’t say we notice much difference on fuel but pulling power is greatly improved.

Been looking at this myself - my scania rigid generally pulls competently enough on the motorways, top of the green band - only ever drops to 50 ish on the M6 climb up past shap.

That said, show does struggle on the windy hilly country roads, and I just think an extra 100nm would keep her going longer before changing down.

Had a lovely run to the middle of the North York moors today, near Whitby - but ■■■■ those hills!! Had to drop into the bottom 4 several times! :open_mouth:

With a ■■■■■■■ the list of options is endless ,various horse powers available at different torque outputs at various revs there’s specs from around the world ,mine was a 380 but is now 405 ,it did take the 440 setting but the ecu was looking for the electronic waste gate signal and put the light on ,it went well but I didn’t leave it at 440 ,however we do have a 380 that did take the 440 setting no problem .