"Chipping" Trucks

I have a Swedish friend who used to always drive Scanias, he had a friend who was a Volvo man through and through and my friend put his 142 intercooler up against his friend’s Volvo and lost badly, the Volvo was a 299hp F10, well it was before it got a Penta cam, fuel pump and injectors. I’m sure the heads were modified too as there must’ve been some serious pressure when that lot went bang.

The exhaust on it would glow red hot on a good climb, but it didn’t kick black smoke out, so it wasn’t just having a ■■■■ load of fuel thrown at it.

True or not I don’t know, but he doesn’t strike me as an RDC BS merchant.

I do know about an FH 12l 420 that is tuned to 610hp. What’s done to it on the other hand I do not know other than a good mapping. Also heard about a 750 that’s been on the dyno after some maping. 860hp and 4000nm

Anyway every truck engine is so detuned because of emissions. Really needs some work to start singing like they should.

Quite surprised to read about the 12/13L engines tuned to over 600bhp, I can understand a R500 as the lowest rated V8 having 600bhp potential as the same engine is produced by Scania themselves at higher ratings.

Well the 12l Volvo engine has over 700hp in marine spec. Even there that’s not pushing since companies want to be safe and you could probably get a bit more with tuning that engine. So to take 600 out of the truck engine suddenly sound quite low. Keep in mind we don’t have to care about emissions.

So if you had a truck remapped and the adblue was switched off, what (if any) offence is committed? I’d say construction and use, but is it fraud if you then drove a Euro 5 into London with the adblue switched off? Surely adblue-less Euro 5 is a Euro 4, perfectly compliant for the LEZ?

I wonder how much hp do the industrial engines have? hauled a lot of new V8 scania and 16l volvo engines to southern spain to power water pumps in the orchards

Had this volvo chipped to 450, went well.

Dieseldog66:

Looks like a Leyland Daf to me.

Dieseldog66:

It went that well that the photographer missed it and got the DAF behind it instead!

the maoster:

Dieseldog66:

It went that well that the photographer missed it and got the DAF behind it instead!

Scroll down on the picture lol

tango boy:
Scroll down on the picture lol

Bloody I pad. :blush: :blush:

Spat my beer out again :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:
Spat my beer out again :laughing: :laughing:

Wastage tut tut :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: