Chippenham truckstop,off the M4

Stopped there, food hot and fresh, about £6.00 will cover you for a good size meal, showers are £1.50 but they are tidy though, and £16.00 to park but that gives you a £ 4.00 meal voucher which unfortunately doesn’t cover the price of a meal. Overall quite a pleasant stay and 2 minutes from j17 M4.

Good food there,and modernised inside,break fast is good too.

thats a great truckstop good food and showers nice and quit

shut at weekends

def49:
shut at weekends

Free parking at the weekend! Just no facilities open! :wink:

dessy:

def49:
shut at weekends

Free parking at the weekend! Just no facilities open! :wink:

Not a lot of good then :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If anyone could give us any tips on how to improve the site it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently trying to work on areas that need attention such as new menus and prices, new items in the shop and improving our Privilege Card system.

Follow us on Twitter (@jct17m4pitstop) and like us on Facebook to receive updates on exclusive special offers in the cafe and shop!

Its a shame you cant have more room for parking its getting full very early now-after 19.00 you are stuggling to get a spot.

Rob, stayed a few times - food is good, showers are great and when I fell ill there took the keys for the wagon to be picked up with no quibbles. Highly recommended. If you could get an alcohol licence would be good - failing that, is there a pub within walking distance?

Do they still do the curry,indian,and thai menu nights,it was very good.

altitude:

dafdave:
Is that the one called the hideaway?Last time i was in there[granted 10+yrs ago]it was exactly the opposite,run of the mill food,dirty showers,expensive parking.
regards dave.

Your spot on there dave, that’s what is was called and that’s how it was…[zb] hole

I take back everything I said about this place. I called in today to get something from the shop, the place was spotless, I didn’t have food as I had eaten, but it looked good, the toilets were spotless. I would use it from now on when passing. They do need to get someone in the shop that knows a bit about what there selling :unamused: but it’s a top place now and good luck to them.

Try the beef casseroles or stews,very good value for money and will fill you up.

They have a new serving area now. Can’t see the food being served anymore, read the menu from the board. Nice and clean, staff with new uniform - all good.

Stopped there the other day.
had a snack of beans on toast. hot and lots of beans, coffee from the machine not to good.
The only down side was the loos smell of urine needs a scented urinal block

You need to include the cost of a shower in the price of parking
Most - not all - but most companies pay for parking - and the more free stuff the driver gets the better

nick2008:

Can’t say I noticed the smell, but they are using them ‘tree hugging no water urinals’ :unamused:

I had the Italian style lamb stew, it was very nice, a big helping and i thought it was good value, of over £5, it would be 3 times more in a pub.
Shop had a good choice of stock, with sleeping bags and mattresses that adjust to your body contour, and endorsed by Hilary from Dragon`s Den, the Pallex M.D boss.
There were other strews available, why go to a ripp off MSA, if we do not use these places , do not moan when they shut and you have the pee ridden lay by to sleep in.
They used to do theme nights of Thai, Chinese and Indian, not sure if they still do or not, it is quiet to sleep there.
There is a sign to say if you are caught doing a number two by their fence, you and your firm get a fine in the post, not sure how they can enforce this, a DNA sample on the faeces?
The bar is good too, if you are stopping the night with a meal.

Dave55:

nick2008:

Can’t say I noticed the smell, but they are using them ‘tree hugging no water urinals’ :unamused:

think it must have been just a high volume of ■■■■■■■ trade when I went in :laughing:

At a recent pitstop,i found the food very good,hearty good value meals,new updated showers,bigger shop,a comfy sofa to chill out to watch BBC news,friendly staff,outside dining area for smokers.
With the winter coming,the stews and casseroles they make there will go down a treat.
I think the owner,Mr Silvey,may own the fuel station at St Paul`s in Bristol,on the beginning of the M32 heading north out of the city on the left.

The site is called Silveys isn’t it? I use the Keyfuels and the loo there. Pleasant spot too.