Chippenham pit stop

Stopped in last night and was really impressed with the place as a whole.

£23 to park with a £6 food voucher and a shower, receipt only shows parking which is a bonus. Glad I got in early though as they were struggling for space after 17.30

Lastly I had the best nights kip I’ve had since sleeping out. I didn’t here a peep until the fella next door fired up at 6.30

Nice showers and diesel on site, that’s about all I’ve got good to say about it. Horses for courses I guess

I’ve always slept well there as it’s generally quiet and dark, food not cheap but plenty of it and good quality too, showers good as mentioned and easy access to the M4 in the morning.

Great place, despite living locally I often pop in for breakfast or lunch and its always delicious. The farm shop in good too, they sell some nice local meats. Chippenham is the standard all truckstops should aspire to, down the road is Swindon, at the competition opposite end of the scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

switchlogic:
Great place, despite living locally I often pop in for breakfast or lunch and its always delicious. The farm shop in good too, they sell some nice local meats. Chippenham is the standard all truckstops should aspire to, down the road is Swindon, at the competition opposite end of the scale

Living locally? ? Have you recently moved, or are you still wearing your ‘planners hat’… :grimacing:

bald bloke:
I’ve always slept well there as it’s generally quiet and dark, food not cheap but plenty of it and good quality too, showers good as mentioned and easy access to the M4 in the morning.

I thought the food was cheap personally, well ok I had the meal voucher, I got a mixed grill which was good size and quality and a beer, only paid £4 out of my pocket.

Maybe my palete is a bit more fussy than others. I think the food is edible, but delicious is stretching things a bit. And I don’t consider a family sized tin of marrow fat peas on every plate as meaning plenty of food. Not enough meat on offer. But each to their own

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

Living locally? ? Have you recently moved, or are you still wearing your ‘planners hat’… :grimacing:

Bristol is pretty local to Chippenham

OVLOV JAY:
Maybe my palete is a bit more fussy than others. I think the food is edible, but delicious is stretching things a bit. And I don’t consider a family sized tin of marrow fat peas on every plate as meaning plenty of food. Not enough meat on offer. But each to their own

Not enough meat on offer?! Errrrr…right…

Yeah, be interested to know where anyone thinks is better, at least they’re making an effort. Certainly better than most of the rest in the SW. Avon Lodge is poor considering the amount of captive audience there.

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

No Luke.Sutton Benger is local to Chippenham. Bristol is not local.
Unless you’re a planner… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

It’s local in that it’s on my way to work

P.s I’ve never been or had a planners hat!

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

just NIP. :grimacing: its only that far on the map :sunglasses:

switchlogic:

OVLOV JAY:

Not enough meat on offer?! Errrrr…right…

I meant per portion, in relation to the amount of veg. 2 sausages, 2 small slices of ham etc.

BradCarTransporter:

£23 to park with a £6 food voucher and a shower, receipt only shows parking which is a bonus.

Do you get a food voucher on Snap :question:

eddie snax:

BradCarTransporter:

£23 to park with a £6 food voucher and a shower, receipt only shows parking which is a bonus.

Do you get a food voucher on Snap :question:

Sorry mate, but I don’t know. We don’t use snap.