Chippenham Pit Stop M4 Jct17

Chippenham Pit Stop changed hands around this time last year and is now being run by the owners of the site who have a genuine interest in catering for all commercial drivers. There has been some rumours going around that A.W. Jenkinson now owns the site, however this is NOT the case, they just use the site to park up their lorries on the weekends.

In the last 12 months there have been some significant changes to the site.

1. The kitchens have been completely refurbished with brand new cooking equipment, along with new walk-in fridges and freezers and a new coffee machine. We have also developed a new menu with daily specials on offer. Instead of the old batch cooking methods, we now prepare our food to order. This means our meals are freshly cooked by our friendly kitchen staff who serve the meals to your table. We have now acquired a hygiene level 5, the highest level.

2. Due to popular demand we now sell alcoholic beverages between 7-9pm.

3. Our shop has been expanded to offer a broad range of essential items as well as stocking Snooper sat navs, Duvalay bedding and CB radios and accessories.

4. We have relaunched our Privilege Card Scheme. Every customer who signs up receives a free promotional bag which includes a free mug and other items. You can build up points for every purchase in store and for fuel purchases, which you can then redeem later.

Facilities:
Food - traditional breakfasts, evening meals, daily specials, light meals, desserts and baguettes + sandwiches
Drinks - coffee, tea, alcohol (in the evening), milkshakes and soft drinks
Shop - Snooper Sat Navs, Duvalay bedding, CB radios and accessories, most essential items
Outside seating area
Free Wifi
Cash Machine
Showers £1.50
Overnight secure Parking with 24hr CCTV surveillance £16 - (includes £4 food voucher)
All day car parking £4
Meeting Room Hire
24hr Filling station to fuel card holders only

Opening Times
Monday-Thursday: 6am-10pm
Friday: 6am-7.30pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed

If you’ve been to the Pit Stop within the last few months we would love to hear from you on your thoughts of the site and any ideas for improvement. We are constantly looking at ways to expand and offer a better service than the big motorway services!

Privilege card signup site: rewards.chippenhampitstop.com

Twitter: @jct17m4pitstop

Good luck to you, I call in once a week on my driving days for fuel but rarely have time to stop. Privilege card is a great idea, best make time next time I come in!!

M4ChippenhamPitStop:
1. The kitchens have been completely refurbished with brand new cooking equipment, along with new walk-in fridges and freezers and a new coffee machine. We have also developed a new menu with daily specials on offer. Instead of the old batch cooking methods, we now prepare our food to order. This means our meals are freshly cooked by our friendly kitchen staff who serve the meals to your table. We have now acquired a hygiene level 5, the highest level.

Sounds great :smiley:

What’s the deal with with Stobarts being granted permission to base trucks & trailers there(last week’s Commercial Motor)?

NiceRoadTrucker:
Good luck to you, I call in once a week on my driving days for fuel but rarely have time to stop. Privilege card is a great idea, best make time next time I come in!!

Thank you for the kind words! You can pick up an application form in the shop and we will process the form there and then.

Andy Rich:

M4ChippenhamPitStop:

Sounds great :smiley:

What’s the deal with with Stobarts being granted permission to base trucks & trailers there(last week’s Commercial Motor)?

Thankyou Andy!

At the moment only A.W. Jenkinson have been granted an operators license to park their lorries up at our site on weekends and in the week the drivers leave their cars here.

Parked here last week food was great and had really good showers plenty of room and clean!!

Stopped here for the first time on Tuesday, was really impressed with the place. Really clean, cracking bacon sarnie - only downside is that you’d run out of insulated mugs for my goody bag when I signed up for the privilege card! I’ll be in for it next time I’m passing :smiley: :smiley:

Gary

I would love to check it out. But I have 2 problems with it.

1. I don’t drive a truck any more.
  2. I live nearby, so have no need to stop there.
    I would of probably gone there for breakfast on a Saturday, but it isn’t open then. :frowning:

Must be doing well, I stopped there early on Wednesday morning for diesel and the overnighters were parked along the entrance road and beside the pumps, it was rammed in there!