Chinese six configuration

If we consider how secure two front axles are if a tire would get a puncture. Here in Sweden a fully loaded timber lorry got a puncture and at 80 km per hour and collided with a school bus before it tipped down a slope with all the timber spread. The driver was killed and many schoolchildren. If the truck had six Chinese arrangements one tire would prevent the situation so that the driver does not lose control or am I wrong?

Regards
Fh13

FH13:
If we consider how secure two front axles are if a tire would get a puncture. Here in Sweden a fully loaded timber lorry got a puncture and at 80 km per hour and collided with a school bus before it tipped down a slope with all the timber spread. The driver was killed and many schoolchildren. If the truck had six Chinese arrangements one tire would prevent the situation so that the driver does not lose control or am I wrong?

Regards
Fh13

think wrong ,two frontaxle don,t take away the puncture situation ,all in that chase is on the reactions of driver .in a fast puncture the lorry goes out of hands if it,s in the 1AXLE anyway,when talking about 80km/h

Ironically, the only time my dad ever had a blow out when he was driving coaches in the 70’s / early 80’s was when he was piloting a Bedford VAL. Second nearside steer went bang, sat in Savernake forrest for 2 hours with a load of kids trying to get home from Marlborough college waiting for another coach to come out.

Handy for multidrops
Old boy once told me that these wagons would spend pretty much al day doing just corner shops down a few streets zigzagging from one to the other.
The driver collected the money in those days also.
Good for drays aswell you could unload from the back without worrying about the weight.

Dehnhardt race MB

tyrell F1 in70,s :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Did that man made a great success with this configuration. Or was it a mayfly?

FH13 :slight_smile:

the tyrell was take out as against rules ,when it did good :confused:

V8Lenny:
Dehnhardt race MB

i remember a chinese six sk merc like this pulling a tipper trailer in the 90s round m25 and rite up the m6 kendel way

Guys, check out this page:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25490

Regards FH13 :slight_smile:

FH13:

jeh:

Derf:
OK, I get the weight thing with trucks, but what was the point of a chinese 6 coach chassis such as the Bedford VAL?

to many coaches at that time were having front wheel blow outs jeh

Derf, thank you for posting this photo. I saw so beautiful Bedford Chinese six bus on another photo year ago and my first thoughts was I wished to ride with this bus because it seems so comfortable.

Regards

Hallo, I was a time ago one’s in England and we must from Gaydon show to the hotel,and on the little climbs it was so slow you could walk next to it. We all laughing and the driver changing gears :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cheers Eric,

Here are two chinese six’es belonging to Dents Transport,the ERF photo was taken in 1951 the Atki in 1954

des6.jpg

Chinese Six Twin Steer Six Wheelers.

Question:What have the following motor vehicles got in common:-

Bedford VAL/Plaxton Motorcoach,URO 913E,of the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour:-
flickr.com/photos/26357805@N … 53751@N06/

Foden S34 Sabrina DAE6/32 Tractive Unit,FLG 497F,James Hemphill:-

ERF CI561S,Chassis No.661,ELG 55,TUMMEL,July 1937,Fisher Renwick:-

Thunderbolt World Land Speed Record Car of 1937,Captain George E.T.Eyston:-

They are,of course,all twin steer 6x2 Chinese Six motor vehicles - including Thunderbolt! :exclamation: :smiley:

VALKYRIE

FH13:
Did that man made a great success with this configuration. Or was it a mayfly?

You mean Heinz Dehnhardt? No, it was not a success.

In my eyes all Chinese six arrangements on yesterdays English lorries seems so harmonic and beautifully and the wheels and fenders rounded and near each other.
More modern lorries seems to have an extra front well but it is not such beautiful harmony as on old English lorries. Their fenders can be straight on both sides of the wheel.

But I think on today heavy lorries perhaps is difficult made such half rounded fenders and if it is possible it perhaps didn’t be so fine and harmonic with the whole lorry or perhaps I’m wrong.

Regards

VALKYRIE:

Foden S36 Sabrina DAE6/32 Tractive Unit,FLG 497F,James Hemphill:-

They are,of course,all twin steer 6x2 Chinese Six motor vehicles - including Thunderbolt! :exclamation: :smiley: The s36 Foden is Cheshire reg any body know who her first owner was thankyou Trevor

VALKYRIE

tastrucker:

VALKYRIE:

Foden S34 Sabrina DAE6/32 Tractive Unit,FLG 497F,James Hemphill:-

They are,of course,all twin steer 6x2 Chinese Six motor vehicles - including Thunderbolt! :exclamation: :smiley:

Tastrucker wrote:-
The S34 Foden is Cheshire reg any body know who her first owner was thankyou Trevor

VALKYRIE

First of all,my mistake,this Foden has got an S34 cab and not an S36 cab.

According to the owner of this Foden,FLG 497F,Alan Appleyard,James Hemphill had a depot in Cheshire and this lorry was based at this depot.It originally had a Foden two stroke diesel engine,but it’s now powered by a Gardner 6LXB 180.

VALKYRIE

hello Valkyrie thank you for that it reminded me of fodens run by William Preistner i think from Moore . thank you Trevor