Chinese sat navs

I have just taken delivery of an EBAY sat nav.Got it from a guy called Goldbayrich.The thing is quite amazing it doesnt just keep me on the right road ,it tells me what size bra I should be wearing.For £30.00 its got to be worth a punt.

Post a link for it and report back after a month, i would be interested to know how they perform

Had mine for a year now…Used it here and abroad with no probs at all…

Do they say make a ooh turn, wong way

Iv had mine for 6 months not had much problems the odd 7.5 tonn access only route.

Same as everything good aid to be used with common sense and u won’t go far wrong

had my chinese sat nav for 18 months now,never let me down,never sent me down a road i should not be on.only issue is when it shows speed limits for roads,sometimes it says the motorways have a 94 mph speed limit?..not kph,mph.

Had mine for over a year now, great bit of kit, never let me down :smiley:

I’m on my second one, can’t fault them for route planning, the only real problem with them is that you can’t replace the battery when it dies (which is why I’m on the second one). I’d certainly never buy another TomTom again.

I can confirm the above sentiments. I bought one a year ago off of hgvtrucktables, Chris was the bloke who sold it. I’ve not had a problem at all with the routing & big clear screen, much better than the tom tom I was using.

When I cracked the screen when it was in my bag, I rang Chris, he replaced the screen for a tenner.

If it brakes or dies, i’ll buy another for sure.

does it give traffic information like tom tom does for FREE with the rds tmc charger
tells you when there are delays on your route
does the chinky one do that NO
tom tom tells you what gear to get in too approaching roundabouts

My sat nav was pinched at work last week.
I may try one of these out.
If this goes missing or gets broke it’s better to lose £40 instead of £330

villa:
does it give traffic information like tom tom does for FREE with the rds tmc charger

:unamused: :unamused:

Off topic but… my Garmin constantly looses signal, but at the same time my phone gps looses signal too. I even borrowed a car sat nav and that also looses signal.

Ive tried moving them around the cab to different places. The loose signal on perfect clear days all over the country.

Is this normal? I can only think aomething in the truck is interfering with the signal??

any ideas…im tearing my hair out… I had to buy a map :open_mouth:

I got one off a guy called chris located in lancaster he’s on ebay trucktables not had a problem with it takes a bit of getting used to after my snooper broke but as everyone says it does the job reroutes you if your in busy traffic so for £65 can’t really fault it think I’d prefer the snooper but there’s a big difference in price so I’m going to stick with it and my Philips truck map.

205:
Post a link for it and report back after a month, i would be interested to know how they perform

What for… The bra size :grimacing:

iv had mine a while. i was thinking of changing to a tomtom ,to get better updated maps- so i went into Currys and tried out a few tomtoms
typing in addresses that are new in the last year or so- lo and behold the tomtoms are not very up to date either!

Panick:
Off topic but… my Garmin constantly looses signal, but at the same time my phone gps looses signal too. I even borrowed a car sat nav and that also looses signal.

Ive tried moving them around the cab to different places. The loose signal on perfect clear days all over the country.

Is this normal? I can only think aomething in the truck is interfering with the signal??

any ideas…im tearing my hair out… I had to buy a map :open_mouth:

Mines same, but Snooper. There is a thread on here about it somewhere. Only happens in the vehicle I use regular too, none of the others. Even got an external ariel for it. Still pants.

Apparently it could be the tracker.

villa:

There’s FREE traffic info on the radio. Radio 2 and Radio 5 live every 10 mins or so.

I have two garmins and a Chinese truck specific satnav which is great and apart from two mistakes which i spotted in plenty of time it does a good job.make sure you update the maps when you first get it. well worth the 50 quid .

villa:

But what will you do if it ever stops working?