Chin Up Newbies - Jobs are there if you dig deep!

Didn’t quite know whether to put this in here or in the main thread. Thought it would serve a better purpose in here.

I passed class 2 end of April and class 1 end of May. Since the. I’ve been determined not to work with agencies for no other reason than I prefer to be settled in a company and know what my take home etc is and budget for that. Too much time in unstable taxi teaches you that.

Anyway the point being after doing nothing with my class 2 I used the first week after passing class 1 to have as many walk ins, conversations, speculative emails, applications for current and more importantly expired job adverts.

Today I am sitting with my contract signed and starting on Friday overnight trunking. Sometimes people are willing to give you a shot. I have to say I’ve been blown away with a couple of companies with their help and offers and some companies have strung me along but that’s all part of the experience.

I guess what I’m saying is make every minute of every day count for a week, spare time is job hunting time, job hunting time is productive and although doors will shut fast in your face it’s important not to take it personally as others will open and welcome you in. Then it’s up to you to impress them enough to get the job.

Good luck troops and thanks for all the advice and training help on the Newbies forum.

Nice one mate. My journey starts on Friday with my medical and it’s a tad worrying the thought of getting regular work as an inexperienced newbie but hearing from people like yourself with good news stories makes the hunt a bit less daunting.
Cheers and well done. Stevie

Best of luck buddy it’s not easy to get people to take a chance but there are some companies out there that will give you a chance. I read a lot of good advice on here about visiting companies on foot etc. you’ll find your own way, bombard everyone and when they say what will you do…everything is the answer you’re looking for!

H4L:
Best of luck buddy it’s not easy to get people to take a chance but there are some companies out there that will give you a chance. I read a lot of good advice on here about visiting companies on foot etc. you’ll find your own way, bombard everyone and when they say what will you do…everything is the answer you’re looking for!

Congrats mate!

H4L:

yea definitely, there’s a few industrial estates quite close by and I’ve already been for a look to see what firms are there for some door knocking.

Good on you pal.

Thanks for that, just starting out on training and have heard a few times only agency work available.

Hope all goes well with your new job.

Andy.

If you live in crewe, bristol, leeds or stoke then get in touch, we have permanent work for newly qualified class 2 drivers, its monday to friday with a sunday on a rota… this isnt agency bullsh**… if you want to start asap then get in touch with me

365recruitment:
If you live in crewe, bristol, leeds or stoke then get in touch, we have permanent work for newly qualified class 2 drivers, its monday to friday with a sunday on a rota… this isnt agency bullsh**… if you want to start asap then get in touch with me

What is it then? Ehhhh?

worded similar to most agency adverts i see online.

I was a lucky one. I’m still waiting to train for and take my module 4 test, but I’ve already got a job lined up. Didn’t expect to have such a lucky position hit me like that.