Childrens Convoy, a brief report

Courtesy of Rob and Big Lorry Blog

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … .html#more

:sunglasses: nice write up rikki, its truly an amazing day, one i am so proud to be part of, and the effort madeby people like lug and gogzy to help out is just incredible

cant say anymore than what mats said, and happy my pics are being used, been bricking it for about a week before and all day of the convoy that something bad was gonna happen/was gonna drop the ■■■■ thing or just take rubbish pictures. mat ill email your pics later or u can grab them off facebook if you like its up to you.

roll on next year. number 25!!

good write up!!!

as a marshall, ECTC member and a trucknet member… everybody who help’d out, all the drivers and the organisers had done a brilliant job!!! well done all, and everyone who made the effort to come and support ECTC!!!

(and from personal veiw… i beleave we all had a tear in our eyes as they came throu the sea front!!! i know i did!!)

Good report Rikki, and well done to all those who took part, the trucks looked great a credit to thier drivers and owners.
and big well done to those who came from various parts of the country to marshall the convoy. :smiley:

i saw that first usa lorry towing a container heading north on the A1

was the day nice?

Traz:
(and from personal veiw… i beleave we all had a tear in our eyes as they came throu the sea front!!! i know i did!!)

Yes but it was the diesel fumes… :wink:
it was well worth the nearly 4 hour drive to help out there… :sunglasses:

DAF95XF:

Traz:

6 hour train journey for me, but to get the feeling from the day its well worth the hassle.

if i still use this site next time you have one i would like to help out or do you have to have an HGV licence

I’ve seen the video posted in muckles’ post. :smiley:

It was good to see Mr Vain (and Rob) looking so well. :smiley:

It looked like there was a good turn-out too, so congrats to all concerned. Nice one Chaps. :grimacing:

mickyblue:
if i still use this site next time you have one i would like to help out or do you have to have an HGV licence

No, not at all… :wink:
They even asked people off of the street to help out… :wink:
Im quite tempted to ask the boss man if I can take a unit next year… :sunglasses:

gogzy:

DAF95XF:

Traz:

6 hour train journey for me, but to get the feeling from the day its well worth the hassle.

9 hours each way for me, but worth every second of it,

To see the joy on the faces of the children was priceless for both me and the wife and it was an honour to be allowed to help out, I would urge anyone who can spare a few hours next year to volunteer help marshall this, I know that my wife, myself and Lug84 are going back next year for this, but next year I really want to see Lug and Traz doing the chicken dance down the sea front :open_mouth: :laughing:

DAF95XF, if I had known it was you I was handing over too for the final section I would have got the Stapletons motor that came down the sea front before the convoy to stop and ask you if you needed any assistance :wink:

DAF95XF:

mickyblue:

No, not at all… :wink:
They even asked people off of the street to help out… :wink:
Im quite tempted to ask the boss man if I can take a unit next year… :sunglasses:

I believe you have to be a member of the East Coast Truckers to take part, contact any of the members on here to find out the details.

scottie0011:

gogzy:

DAF95XF:

Traz:

9 hours each way for me, but worth every second of it,

To see the joy on the faces of the children was priceless for both me and the wife and it was an honour to be allowed to help out, I would urge anyone who can spare a few hours next year to volunteer help marshall this, I know that my wife, myself and Lug84 are going back next year for this, but next year I really want to see Lug and Traz doing the chicken dance down the sea front :open_mouth: :laughing:

DAF95XF, if I had known it was you I was handing over too for the final section I would have got the Stapletons motor that came down the sea front before the convoy to stop and ask you if you needed any assistance :wink:

i shall also be back scottie, probably int he same capacity as this year hopefully. dont think anyones gonna give me a truck to drive round lol, mayby one year ill get to do a convoy properly. but as you said there wasnt a kid with us who never had a smile on thier face or were unhappy and no amount of money can buy that.

LOL at the daf59xf comment, i bet he saw it and thought burger they have stitched me up lol

gogzy:

scottie0011:
LOL at the daf59xf comment, i bet he saw it and thought burger they have stitched me up lol

Nope, it was quite enjoyable closing a main road off… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fantastic day, started by helping to set the trailer up in the morning, helped out with the lollypop game for most of the day, then had the honour of walking with the trucks through the last section by the cinema. Great day! looking forward to helping next year.

Only downside is I am typing this one handed as I took my kids rollerskating at the Marina centre afterwards and succeeded in breaking the bones in my wrist, one quick trip to the hospital later and I am all plastered up, had to drive the van home with one hand! 8 weeks before I can drive again.

Steve

since we drove down from Bradford to do our bit of marshalling mrs b can’t stop talking about the look of joy on the kids faces as they passed us, between you and me i think she might want a kid of her own now… thanks a lot East Coast Truckers!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Mr B:
since we drove down from Bradford to do our bit of marshalling mrs b can’t stop talking about the look of joy on the kids faces as they passed us, between you and me i think she might want a kid of her own now… thanks a lot East Coast Truckers!!! :smiley: :smiley:

HAS YOUR HEARING RETURNED TO NORMAL YET!!!

Pleasure meeting and chatting to you both, did you get the tent up?

Steve

hi steve are you the guy in the camper van? we did get the tent up just after it got dark, really i should read instruction books! lol. it was a real pleasure meeting you also.

Mr B:
hi steve are you the guy in the camper van? we did get the tent up just after it got dark, really i should read instruction books! lol. it was a real pleasure meeting you also.

Yes that was me, now sitting at home nursing a broken wrist, just got a sick note for 2 months, will have to get used to daytime telly :cry: