Chicken Feed delivery

Hi, I’m looking for advice. I have a chance of a job delivering chicken feed to farms. Bulk blower work. Can anyone advise me what this job is like? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dusty and dirty, the blowing part is easy! Where are you based?

As long as they don’t pay what they deliver go for it [emoji3]

I’m in central Scotland. Not having done this work before I’d like to know a bit about the job…

Wheel Nut:
Dusty and dirty, the blowing part is easy! Where are you based?

I was told it was ‘easy’ work but statements like that are subjective; what was easy for me at 29 yrs is not so easy at 59 [emoji848] I’m not an old git just yet but I am a wee bit more discerning [emoji3]

As long as it’s not a poultry wage give it a go…

xichrisxi:
As long as it’s not a poultry wage give it a go…

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

nomiS36:
As long as they don’t pay what they deliver go for it [emoji3]

[emoji28][emoji28]

Absolutely fowl job, but the birds will be flocking around you, you’ll be ■■■■ of the walk.

Make sure you’re abreast of all the rules of the roost before you thighn the paperwork, and don’t try to wing it, that’s eggasctly what will get you roasted.

I’ll get me coat.

Drempels:
Absolutely fowl job, but the birds will be flocking around you, you’ll be ■■■■ of the walk.

Make sure you’re abreast of all the rules of the roost before you thighn the paperwork, and don’t try to wing it, that’s eggasctly what will get you roasted.

I’ll get me coat.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Don’t forget you hat…

On a serious note,can’t think of a worse time of the year to start farm work especially if you’ve not done it before than just before winter,gritters don’t do country lanes…

xichrisxi:
On a serious note,can’t think of a worse time of the year to start farm work especially if you’ve not done it before than just before winter,gritters don’t do country lanes…

Don’t be such a chicken!

I just can’t help meself :laughing:

VictorP:
Hi, I’m looking for advice. I have a chance of a job delivering chicken feed to farms. Bulk blower work. Can anyone advise me what this job is like? [emoji848]

What would you like to know?

Moved to chook feed work 3years ago from shop delivery and not looked back and its a doddle. Winter is really not the ideal time to start but good firm should support you.

It will take a while to get to grips how farms work / bin placememts. How to judge whats in the bins, what you can put in before the white cloud comes.out of the vent or like one of our drivers blowing the top off the bin :laughing:

We I am in Lincolnshire there is alot of chook sites around and close together so we can do a few deliveries per shift.

Chook that :smiley:

Drempels:

xichrisxi:

Don’t be such a chicken!

I just can’t help meself :laughing:

I don’t know where you keep plucking these from…

Bravo VictorP. As a certified old git i applaud you for trying something new at your age, err, i mean now that your more discerning :wink: :wink: Ignore that old adage ‘you can’t teach an old dog’ but embrace the one that says ‘your never too old’ and good luck if you give it a try :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

leo.saphira:

VictorP:

What would you like to know?

Moved to chook feed work 3years ago from shop delivery and not looked back and its a doddle. Winter is really not the ideal time to start but good firm should support you.

It will take a while to get to grips how farms work / bin placememts. How to judge whats in the bins, what you can put in before the white cloud comes.out of the vent or like one of our drivers blowing the top off the bin [emoji38]

We I am in Lincolnshire there is alot of chook sites around and close together so we can do a few deliveries per shift.

Thanks for that and glad to hear you haven’t looked back. That says something about the industry. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if I get the start; and if I do I now know not to blow the top off [emoji597][emoji100]

remy:
Bravo VictorP. As a certified old git i applaud you for trying something new at your age, err, i mean now that your more discerning :wink: :wink: Ignore that old adage ‘you can’t teach an old dog’ but embrace the one that says ‘your never too old’ and good luck if you give it a try :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your vote of confidence [emoji848] I think

Thanks for that and glad to hear you haven’t looked back. That says something about the industry. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if I get the start; and if I do I now know not to blow the top off [emoji597][emoji100]

You will get to know the tone of the blower as the bin becomes full. Generally keep the pto on 900revs via the truck and it will blow nice and steady - it will sound like a train going along the tracks as the food.goes through the pipes. Its around 1:30-1:45min per ton. On sites where is alot of pipe work you will need to crack up the revs to 1000revs to.give it that extra kick. Don’t over do it on chick crumb as its fluffy stuff

One tip is to have a steady bend in the pipe between the truck and bin pipe. Dont have it tight as it does flex alot in use and with a tight pipe it will split in half in the end. When that happens the food will come out rate of knots and spray everywhere. Pain in the arse to clean it all up. Everyday check the pipes in the holder and 3 clamps as spare. Keep loads of empty.feed bags and a brush shovel as you going to need them if that pipe splits.

Its a mucky job sometimes :slight_smile:

leo.saphira:

You will get to know the tone of the blower as the bin becomes full. Generally keep the pto on 900revs via the truck and it will blow nice and steady - it will sound like a train going along the tracks as the food.goes through the pipes. Its around 1:30-1:45min per ton. On sites where is alot of pipe work you will need to crack up the revs to 1000revs to.give it that extra kick. Don’t over do it on chick crumb as its fluffy stuff

One tip is to have a steady bend in the pipe between the truck and bin pipe. Dont have it tight as it does flex alot in use and with a tight pipe it will split in half in the end. When that happens the food will come out rate of knots and spray everywhere. Pain in the arse to clean it all up. Everyday check the pipes in the holder and 3 clamps as spare. Keep loads of empty.feed bags and a brush shovel as you going to need them if that pipe splits.

Its a mucky job sometimes :slight_smile:

Again, that’s good to know… I still don’t know if I’ll get the job, but at least I have an idea of what I’m letting myself in for [emoji6]