Cherwell Valley services M40 opinions

Hello all

I may, or hopefully may not have to live at Cherwell Valley services tomorrow.

I know it’ll stink of ■■■■, I know there’ll be rubbish everywhere and I know the showers probably won’t be great. But as British motorway services go, how is it?

Also, I see online that you pay for parking by phone. Do you get a receipt of some description?

Ta
X

you can pay parking in the wh smiths or restaurant £28 if i remember correctly but it been a couple of years since i stayed there

Cherwell is better than say Warrick. Found fairly clean and tidy. Least there is plenty of room.

Yeah from what I saw on Google maps I shouldn’t have a problem finding a space.

Surely not £28 to park though? Even with a food voucher for some undercooked fast food that sounds a bit too expensive.

Hammy747:

Surely not £28 to park though? Even with a food voucher for some undercooked fast food that sounds a bit too expensive.

From their website

Parking Charges: Cars £12 for 24hrs, HGV £22 parking only & £23.50 with £9 meal voucher

Driver-Once-More:

Hammy747:

From their website

Parking Charges: Cars £12 for 24hrs, HGV £22 parking only & £23.50 with £9 meal voucher

Still daylight robbery, but better than first thought!

Is it open?
J10 has been closed overnight for a few weeks now, so I assume the services have been closed too?

I find Warwick ok when I stop for a 45 - not very big though.

services remain open, sorting out the road and access. Bit of a pain but you can round…

john-sussex:
services remain open, sorting out the road and access. Bit of a pain but you can round…

Good to hear. I could always use Warwick or Wheatly if I had to, just seemed like there’s much more parking here.

Use the shower, get food and then park along the B430 layby at Middleton Stoney. Or the Esso garage at Baynards Green on the A43, dead end road alongside it that used to be the A43.

tones of parking at cherwell, jus dont park by the caravan bit :slight_smile:, always a nice lamborghini or ferrari in there too, as for price 23.50 not bad, sandbach charged me 28 the other day, iasked what time did the young lady come round to rub one out of me, the guy looked a bit bewildered, miserable git

There is a lovely 16th century pub in Stratton Audley, called the Red Lion, a log fire and cosy snug in area.
From the Msa, walk on the lane by the truck parking by going through the hedge in the gaps, it is about a 30 minute walk.
Food served Monday to Saturday from 18.00 to 21.00, daytime from 12.00 to 14.30 and 16.30 on Sundays.
Or just chill out with friendly staff and locals with some real ale, drivers are welcome.

Plugster:
iasked what time did the young lady come round to rub one out of me, the guy looked a bit bewildered, miserable git

That wasn’t very kind of you, he probably wanted to do it!! :grimacing:

Another log fire pub is the Fox and Hounds, by walking, exit the Msa heading West over the M40 ,next roundabout follow the sign.

come to think of it he did look like he had mascara on, missed the boat on a reach around there :frowning:

Facilities should be pretty good as it was completely rebuilt not long ago after the fire that gutted it

Driver-Once-More:
From their website

I don’t pay it. I pay about £30,000 a year in fuel duty and VAT and £700 for the road tax and as far as I’m concerned that entitles me to park anywhere on the motorway network free of charge.

CP Plus do write to me from time to time, sending me a photo of my truck entering and exiting the services, along with some laughable demand for money dressed up as a fine, but they’ve never once got a penny out of me and they won’t be getting anywhere when they send me a similar ludicrous demand next week for parking at Leigh Delamere where I am tonight. When I’ve got enough of them, I’m going to use them to wallpaper the bog.

Muckaway:
Use the shower, get food and then park along the B430 layby at Middleton Stoney. Or the Esso garage at Baynards Green on the A43, dead end road alongside it that used to be the A43.

theres a couple of big laybys down there well back of fthe road as well

Harry Monk:

Driver-Once-More:
From their website

I don’t pay it. I pay about £30,000 a year in fuel duty and VAT and £700 for the road tax and as far as I’m concerned that entitles me to park anywhere on the motorway network free of charge.

CP Plus do write to me from time to time, sending me a photo of my truck entering and exiting the services, along with some laughable demand for money dressed up as a fine, but they’ve never once got a penny out of me and they won’t be getting anywhere when they send me a similar ludicrous demand next week for parking at Leigh Delamere where I am tonight. When I’ve got enough of them, I’m going to use them to wallpaper the bog.

correct Harry! :grimacing: don’t know why anyone pays to be honest! :sunglasses:

The Showers in Cherwell valley are pretty good, altho, i havent stopped there for over a year.
As for paying to park at MSAs, i never do. i park in them every couple of weeks and ive never paid a penny. saved my boss hundreds.