Cherwell Valley M40

If you are stuck there for the night there is an alternative for something to do, not sure if it is still open or not, but if you walk in to the woods by the truck parking, turn left along a path, go past a small car park on your right, then along the lane to the small hamlet.
There was a cosy little pub there, a log fire, good food, the walk is a mile or more.Real ales to drink.
There is nocturnal activity in the car park so try not to stare too much.

are we allowed to join in ■■? :laughing:

It’s still there, I’ve seen many drunken lorry drivers trying to find their trucks around gerbil valley.

Toby, there are several places for “action” near there. Leave the services, take tbe A43 upto the junction for the B4100 and turn for Bicester. Take the turn into Stoke Woods…and take some vaseline.
:laughing:

Cheers Toby , although I think I’ll wait till the nights are a bit lighter before venturing into the woods !! Don’t want to disturb anyone like :laughing:

Another place to have a wonder is the parking at Tothill on the A34, you can walk to the village, go to the big roundabout, a few pubs to get out of the cab, beats the burger at Mackie D`s.

Or go back across the M40 and down the B430 and the fox and hounds is on the left. Good food and open fire.

Wildy:
Or go back across the M40 and down the B430 and the fox and hounds is on the left. Good food and open fire.

Then a bit further down the B430 you’ll find a layby at Middleton Stoney, that’s popular for those “walking the dog…Constable.”

Muckaway:
Toby, there are several places for “action” near there. Leave the services, take tbe A43 upto the junction for the B4100 and turn for Bicester. Take the turn into Stoke Woods…and take some vaseline.

Used to do a night run to Bicester and back and used to stop in a big layby on the B4100 halfway between the first Bicester roundabout and the A43. Used to see strange cars arriving, someone getting out and driving off in another car and cars generally swapping passengers. All blokes I hasten to add, always came to the obvious conclusion and kept my door locked.
Can’t remember the name of the place, Claversfield?

mick.mh2racing:

Muckaway:

Used to do a night run to Bicester and back and used to stop in a big layby on the B4100 halfway between the first Bicester roundabout and the A43. Used to see strange cars arriving, someone getting out and driving off in another car and cars generally swapping passengers. All blokes I hasten to add, always came to the obvious conclusion and kept my door locked.
Can’t remember the name of the place, Claversfield?

Yes Mick, it’s Caversfield near the Bainton turn.

About 18 years ago after leaving Wallingford late afternoon on a sunday to edinburgh and Glasgow parked in the haymarket at Edinburgh sunday night ,tipped edinburgh and Glasgow Monday morning and made it back to Cherwell valley services about 9pm in 10 hours driving .
Anyhow after having shower and a meal got my head down ,about midnight there was a knock at the door ,i knew I had paid Peter(any one remember him) i pulled my curtains back to see a old hag offering herself to me for cash , i said no but she said she was cheap ha ha ,still said no and off she went to the next cab.

Told all the lads on the Habitat contract ,they said I was dreaming but over the next few weeks there were a lot of parking tickets apearing after every one parking there for the night . i also got a lot of ribbing from the Tesco and the Happy shopper drivers from Didcot over the Cb over the following weeks .
And no I never did do her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Google Viz profanisaurus, Jakey for “Happy Shopper”…
I think Happy Shopper drivers would better catered for at Stoke Wood.

oxfordmail.co.uk/archive/201 … ging_site/
It’s not suitable for an artic, but something the size of an 8wheeler would be ok.

Muckaway seems to know a lot about these dubious laybys…

happysack:
Muckaway seems to know a lot about these dubious laybys…

I’ve worked with some dubious people.

how about the forest hill layby in Oxford :laughing:

Eling Wharf in Southampton is not too bad, plenty of pubs and take aways, and if walk over the toll bridge there is wood and a beach where you can see the large container ships.
Newhaven port is a good night and so is well known Folkestone.

toby1234abc:
Eling Wharf in Southampton is not too bad, plenty of pubs and take aways, and if walk over the toll bridge there is wood and a beach where you can see the large container ships…

It seems every other bloke in the pubs down Eling will be wearing a Harris transport flourescent jacket but non of em work for Harris.
I did a short stint for Harris, and used to park up on the wharf and walk to the pub, & was amazed how many harris jackets i saw

There was space for 2 to 3 artics opposite the old fashioned sweet shop, there is a public car park.