Cherry Picker Licence?

Hi all, can someone tell me if its correct that for a private company to operate an extending ladder platform / cherry picker type truck then the company and/or the person operating it has to hold something called a L.O.L.A. licence■■?

Not got a clue what LOLA stands for, something like Lift Operators something something :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

A mate of mine has been tasked with training some people in how to use and operate this platform but “elf and safety” think someone needs to hold this special licence / permit / authorisation, whatever first!!

Cheers in advance for any guidance or advise anyone can offer :wink: :wink:

I think the one you are looking for is called an ipaf ticket (international powered access federation) look this up on the net it may help you.

Hi Bullitt

Its actually LOLER…Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations…

Google it and you’ll get enough info to confuse you for days :smiley: :smiley:

God bless the hse! :confused:

Is’nt she a showgirl? :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

SamIam:

yes, a showgirl with a cherry picker licence :wink:

universalplatforms.co.uk/tra … 4Qod2Ryblg

Many thanks for taking the time to reply chaps, thought someone on here would know!!! :wink:

Have passed on the info to my mate who will probably wish he had never volunteered now!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Hi Bullitt,

The correct training, as mentioned above is the IPAF Operator course. Others do offer something similar (CITB etc) but the IPAF one is the one the big sites and contractors want you to have. There is absolutly NO legal requirement for this, but H&S law will state that the operator must be deemed competent, and really the only way to prove to someone that you’re competent nowadays is to have some sort of qualification/cerificate/funky card thing with your mug on it, which is where the IPAF course comes in…

The LOLER part is the thorough examination that will have to be done on the machine itself at least every 6 months.

Hope this helps, any grief let me know as my best mate is an IPAF instructor :smiley:

Thanks for that plantfitter, i should see my mate tomorrow and break the good news to him!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers once again. :wink:

SamIam:

At the Cococanbanna…!!!

i shall get my coat …