Cherbourg Blocked Off?

Haven’t noticed anyone mention this, so here goes. Listening to Solent Radio today saying, apparently 40 boats blocked in at Cherbourg due to French Fishermen. I presume the Ferries as well ?

Saves sailing on that coutance bannana boat thingy lol

Or the Barfleur, talk about jammed in.

Anyway, surprised not much being said about this. How are the ferries getting on and which routes are others using to try and avoid it ?

Cherbourg and Dieepe closed due to the pechers on fuel price protest. I was in St Malo yesterday and apart from a few banners on the roundabouts entering the port no disruption whatsoever

I don’t know i have not been over the water for about 6 months now

kerbut:
Cherbourg and Dieepe closed due to the pechers on fuel price protest. I was in St Malo yesterday and apart from a few banners on the roundabouts entering the port no disruption whatsoever

Cheers Kerby. Know anything about Caen (Ouistreham) ?

i didn’t think they were allowed to block cherbourg because its a naval port,
i know the lorry drivers weren’t allowed to set up a blockade within a certain distance of the port in the early 90’s.
once you found a way around their blockade you used to have a clear run at the port

According to TF3 news last night Caen was ok and the Poole/ Cherbourg boats were going to Caen over the weekend.

I came back into Ouistreham this afternoon,the roundabout by Champion has just a pile of ashes & a Renault van on it.However I have been told of a drivers strike starting Sunday.The drivers I have been able to contact so far, confirm the rumours but nothing concrete yet.I will keep asking.

Dave
It might be a carry on from the strike on next Thursday,the civil servants ,Air France and teachers are on strike . More info on www.connexionfrance.com

kerbut.
That is possible,as they wouldn’t strike on my last birthday as a driver.
They’re probably starting Sunday to mark my first day as a pensioner.
:sunglasses:

They should block every port in the country forever, route everything through Zeebrugge for Benelux, Germany, Swiss, Austria, Italy & Greece & Bilbao for Spain, Portugal & North Africa, see how long they last without the British export/import trade, why do they close the ports all the time, they could always bring Paris to a standstill but no, instead of a proper demonstration which would affect the central govt they take their frustrations out on the British, total bunch of female ■■■■■■■■, the lot of them, I mean we only saved their chickenshit arses in TWO wars. D-day part deux called for here I think, the Royal Navy should ■■■■■■ our ships into the dock & blow anything up that gets in the way. Grrrrrrr :exclamation:

Caen - Portsmouth running normally today but they are checking the fridges coming into France to see if they are carrying fish!!!

Think it’s back to normal now. Blockade lifted in Cherbourg